• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ultimate cuk disgusted of Tunbridge Wells thread"

Collapse

• Causus Deli
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    Maybe there should be a gay mans allowance
    I'm sorry I cannot make allowances for poofery.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Maybe there should be a gay mans allowance

Leave a comment:

• Causus Deli
    replied
    Apologies for my absence I have been scouring the tomes of the budget for any sign of Gay Penguin Tax allowances. Whether the £20 child benefit will be afforded to said Sphenisciformes is not clear, indeed does an egg qualify? With a clutch size of two (in this case a donated clutch of course) this could cost all of us (even we who didn't support the Gay rights bill) quite a few bob. These are important issues for 4 year olds to ponder/muse and I fink this should be on next years curricular.
    Last edited by Causus Deli; 22 March 2007, 16:36.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    So you're pro gay fairy tales in schools?
    No.

You?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy
    Cannot be arsed trawling back through the 38 pages or so to see where this has meandered. I'm bored at work, but not THAT bored. However, in order to compete let's just say that I'll take an educated guess that my point of view is diametrically opposed to yours and go from there.

So you're pro gay fairy tales in schools?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    You went to the same school as ShaunBhoy and I claim my crisp fiver.

We're all human.
    (with the exception of SB, we should cherish him, for he is the missing link!)
    Now steady on Churchill. There you go getting all obsessive again. I've told you before, I'm not interested. You and your Golden rivets! Save all that for your matelot mates.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    There is no such thing as racism.

We're all human.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    SB has been surprisingly quiet on this subject......
    Cannot be arsed trawling back through the 38 pages or so to see where this has meandered. I'm bored at work, but not THAT bored. However, in order to compete let's just say that I'll take an educated guess that my point of view is diametrically opposed to yours and go from there.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    SB has been surprisingly quiet on this subject......

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    There is no such thing as racism.

We're all human.

Leave a comment:

• Novice Contractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Causus Deli
    May I also add, not wishing to be nasty but, that is the most ill conceived post I have ever read. I think you are perhaps part in a plot that has plagiarised plagiarisms beyond what anyone can ever comprehend.
    Clearly racism exists, and it comes in every kind of packaging and disguise, no one can doubt that.

However; I firmly believe that a lot of what we call racism is actually xenophobia. So what? I hear you say; isn't prejudice just prejudice? Well I think not. By better planning, education and integration we can reduce xenophobia, while we may never be able to change the mind of a dyed in the wool bigot.

Go to any community, where the balance between the indigenous population and 'incomers' is disturbed, major military bases, major tourist attractions, university towns, communities iwth a high proportion of asylum seekers etc and you will hear the locals complaining about 'THEM'

'THEY' it appears speak a different language, they stick to themselves, they cause trouble, they are not very clean, does this sound familiar?

I live near Bradford and having travelled the world I have been shocked to see the mess that has been made of Bradford, that has turned a lot of people who were previously not racist against the asian population.

The inbalance in ethnic groups and political correctness gone mad has contributed to this. For example why is it wrong to ask for black coffee?, why must we use a chalk board and not a black board? and what IS wrong with children learning to sing Baa Baa Black sheep? if we pander to this stupidity are we not re-inforcing the belief that there IS something wrong with being black, brown or non-white?

It is the intent behind words that is important, not always the words themselves and anyone who has half a brain can be PC and still racist or offensive.

One thing is certain, we can dislike anyone we choose and I dislike plenty of white and non-white people but I dislike them because they are unpleasant, rude, aggressive or Tony Blair. Who would want to have the opportunity to be free, to succeed, to feel secure, or to feel loved to be denied them because of some arbitrary bench-mark?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Causus Deli
    May I also add, not wishing to be nasty but, that is the most ill conceived post I have ever read. I think you are perhaps part in a plot that has plagiarised plagiarisms beyond what anyone can ever comprehend.
    You went to the same school as ShaunBhoy and I claim my crisp fiver.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    My nomination for CUK's incomprehensible post of the week with most incomprehensible rebuttal award.

PS On re-examination I follow what snaw was saying (superfluous comma) i.e.you find racism everywhere. Quite why anyone would object to that observable truth I am not sure.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 18 March 2007, 09:27.

Leave a comment:

• Causus Deli
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw
    I think you'd struggle to find any one who found racism disgusting, who thought that it was an attitidue exculsive to white people. Then I guess if you're outlook in life is racist, you do tend to believe that certain traits are exculsively defined by your skin clour.

Leave a comment:

• Causus Deli
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw
    I think you'd struggle to find any one who found racism disgusting, .....
    I think you're being a bit harsh there. The problem is nobody seems to understand the word and band it about willy nilly until it eventually has no meaning apart from 'I don't agree with you you ba5tard and how can you say such vile things about my dusky mates (you did didn't you?) and arrrgggghhhhh you errrrrrrrrr racist!

I imagine hydrophobia might be involved in certain notable examples I have experienced lately.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X