• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Music

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Music"

Collapse

• threaded
    replied
    How bizarre, but thinking on a plan b of being an itinerant musician on Gran Canaria I had three of my guitars sent over from the little recording studio I have in England.

Seeing as they haven't been played or even dusted for probably 20 years I decided to get some new strings. Found a rather good shop in town. A pack of 6 string acoustic, 12 string acoustic and a 12 string electric and a rather large bottle of cleaner/polish.

Spent Saturday evening at the 6 string, Sunday at the acoustic 12 and the electric 12 gets done tonight, if I'm not otherwise diverted.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Thx...400 is impresssive.

Leave a comment:

• freakydancer
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates
    Whilst we're on the topic, and I think I may have asked this before, but since the singer only has a rather poor quality acoustic guitar, I was thinking of buying an Epiphone Gibson 335 copy which I lend him, and I could use for rehearsal. They look quite cheap. How is it ?
    For the money, they're great guitars - can't fault them.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Whilst we're on the topic, and I think I may have asked this before, but since the singer only has a rather poor quality acoustic guitar, I was thinking of buying an Epiphone Gibson 335 copy which I lend him, and I could use for rehearsal. They look quite cheap. How is it ?

Leave a comment:

• freakydancer
    replied
    You sound like you're on the verge of fame Freaky...

What's your biggest audience to date ?

A good measure is when the pubs say you're too expensive for them.
    I wish mate!!

There are thousands of bands out there in the same boat but they all sound the same ie they want to be the next Libertines - we don't.

I don't think it comes down to talent anymore - you've gotta know the right people and then get them to give you a listen - easier said than done!!

Oh, and the most is probably about 400 I guess - no that great!!

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Cowboy that's interesting, do you have a recording contract ?

Are you famous ?
    No and no. I do it for the pleasure and get a few CDs pressed up for friends and family. Stopped playing live about 10 years ago, I play all the instruments on the CDs myself and am too much of a control freak to hire anyone else to play my parts live.

This time round I'm possibly planning on using the aforementioned CD-Baby service to see what might happen. They also get your stuff up onto iTunes music store, Yahoo music, Rhapsody, Napster, MSN music and others so it might be worth it.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    You sound like you're on the verge of fame Freaky...

What's your biggest audience to date ?

A good measure is when the pubs say you're too expensive for them.

Leave a comment:

• freakydancer
    replied
    Hey what are these talks Freaky. is that a recording contract ?

How big are your gigs ? pubs or do you fill big halls ?

Are you famous ?
    Punbs and bars mate - not famous enough for the latter yet!!

There's a few lables "interested" but it's mostly promoters. Never speak directly to venues as they are all utter c*nts who think because they work at these places they somehow get to decide whether you are good enough to play there.

Leave a comment:

• freakydancer
    replied
    Originally posted by kramer
    organise a festival and headline it yourself.. must be easy!
    We've actually been invited to play at some charity festival in Northampton later this month - we're not sure whether to do it or not

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Hey what are these talks Freaky. is that a recording contract ?

How big are your gigs ? pubs or do you fill big halls ?

Are you famous ?

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    If you just want to get a CD out there, then CD-Baby are the people to get in touch with - http://cdbaby.com/ - don't bother trying to get signed nowadays, there's no point anymore.

Leave a comment:

• kramer
    replied
    Originally posted by freakydancer
    We're doing ok - we're in talks with a few people about a few things but these things take a long time before anything may happen.

organise a festival and headline it yourself.. must be easy!

Leave a comment:

• freakydancer
    replied
    We're doing ok - we're in talks with a few people about a few things but these things take a long time before anything may happen.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    I'm doing OK music wise. Currently 5 songs finished for my next CD, and another couple in a state of half-finishedness (is that a word?)

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    started a topic Music

Music

OK lets get away from this boring contractor drivel...

How are the music projects going.

Is Scotspine playing blues on that good looking mahogany Gibson ?

What about Freaky Dancer's latest release. Where is it in the charts ?

As for me , well we're still practising, and would like a Bassist, preferably with a real double bass.

Working...
X