• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Sick permies

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sick permies"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Once worked with a permie whose wife died - he was signewd off sick by his doctor for 6 months. Because of his length of service, he got 6 months full pay (then would have been 6 months half pay). co-incidence?

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by ZZZZ Snoozer
    The wife's employer fires people who have been off work more than a couple of times a year so permies could be afraid of such practices.
    One young lady here was "sick" 30 days last year, and she only joined end of Jan 2006! She's apparently already had 8 days off this year, so obviously going for a new record (or the boot).

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Jawz .
    Good point. This guys a fat f*cker, i reckon if we chucked him in the furnace he'd burn for days saving ££ in heating bills.

Render him down and use the oil for lamps

Leave a comment:

• Jawz .
    replied
    Originally posted by kramer
    saving on heating and electricity bills
    Good point. This guys a fat f*cker, i reckon if we chucked him in the furnace he'd burn for days saving ££ in heating bills.

Leave a comment:

• kramer
    replied
    saving on heating and electricity bills

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    It makes them feel more important than they really are.

Leave a comment:

• Diestl
    replied
    They have no life outside work, their work is like their family and friends.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    What is with martyr permies coming into work when they are sick as a dog. Some permie tool staggered in today saying he was desperately ill, had it coming out of both ends , but here he is at work, on time, breathing his disgusting germs everywhere? He gets paid to stay at home when he's sick!? Am I missing something here? I am aren't I?

It makes it look better when they claim a sicky and want time of to skive off work.

Leave a comment:

• ZZZZ Snoozer
    replied
    What is with martyr permies coming into work when they are sick as a dog. Some permie tool staggered in today saying he was desperately ill, had it coming out of both ends , but here he is at work, on time, breathing his disgusting germs everywhere? He gets paid to stay at home when he's sick!? Am I missing something here? I am aren't I?
    The wife's employer fires people who have been off work more than a couple of times a year so permies could be afraid of such practices.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    He's afraid his incompetence will be uncovered if he is away

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    he's knobbing (or wants to) one of the secretaries

Leave a comment:

• Jawz .
    started a topic Sick permies

Sick permies

Working...
X