• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Good evening thread"

Collapse

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    No, no tea, I used to travel to York about five years ago for my work and I remember Betty's had the most amazing hot chocolate and yummy sweet things...which I kind of thought you might be interested in

1.15 isn't too bad, any chance you'll be extended ?

I thought I might for a while, but the actual project ends when my contract does - so I've got no chance really (unless word of my sheer excellence has spread thruoghout the agency and some other directorate wants me badly)

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Betty's????? Have I ever struck you as the tea drinking type?

Edit: It takes me 1 hour 15 mins door to door. I love it!

No, no tea, I used to travel to York about five years ago for my work and I remember Betty's had the most amazing hot chocolate and yummy sweet things...which I kind of thought you might be interested in

1.15 isn't too bad, any chance you'll be extended ?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    I didn't realise you were in York SA, have you been to Betty's yet ? How far do you have to travel ?

Betty's????? Have I ever struck you as the tea drinking type?

Edit: It takes me 1 hour 15 mins door to door. I love it!

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Yeah got a gig in York - only got a month left of it though

I didn't realise you were in York SA, have you been to Betty's yet ? How far do you have to travel ?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by To BI or not to BI?
    Been working on my spanking new contract, only 40 miles from home.

Hi Lucy. Sorry about your termination. They must be f**kers and surely they don't deserve you. Got anything lined up? What are your skills?

Right, so nothing much new really, and I am sure that Churchill's change is only a cunning plan to be revealed in due time...

Congratulations to SA for winning so much money. Maybe you should just focus on bingo and forget about contracting (btw, did you get a gig?)

Yeah got a gig in York - only got a month left of it though

Leave a comment:

• To BI or not to BI?
    replied
    Been working on my spanking new contract, only 40 miles from home.

Hi Lucy. Sorry about your termination. They must be f**kers and surely they don't deserve you. Got anything lined up? What are your skills?

Right, so nothing much new really, and I am sure that Churchill's change is only a cunning plan to be revealed in due time...

Congratulations to SA for winning so much money. Maybe you should just focus on bingo and forget about contracting (btw, did you get a gig?)

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Hi Bi !

Wow SA that's one hell of a win, should I try ? Do you need experience for Bingo, I've never played...

No - you just need some luck!

However - I'm £125 down so far tonight! Swings and roundabouts!

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Hi Bi !

Wow SA that's one hell of a win, should I try ? Do you need experience for Bingo, I've never played...

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by To BI or not to BI?
    Good evening to you all. What did I miss in the last few weeks?

Where've you been?!!!!!!

Well....duder still hasn't a shag.
    Lucy has lost her job.
    Churchill has turned into a softhearted lovable good guy.
    Jed came, got banned, then jaws came, got banned, then jaws came again.
    Sandy is a foreigner, and you mustn't tell her to feck off back home.
    I won £1800 on the bingo!

...thats about all I can remember off the top of my head!!

Leave a comment:

• To BI or not to BI?
    replied
    Good evening to you all. What did I miss in the last few weeks?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak
    Evening chaps -just polishing my Handover report.

One day left to go...
    Until what? You finish your gig?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Evening chaps -just polishing my Handover report.

One day left to go...

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    My day was like this:

ASB: Never been to Kasan, it should be pretty different place as it is mainly inhabited by the tatars who along with mongolians used to control big chunk of Russia for a long time (think century or so), Chen-Giz-Khan is the man to talk about it.

No idea what to do there to be honest - it should be fairly provincial place, probably reasonably safe though as usual in Russia stay very alert and careful.

P.S. Nice try Lucy, I will make Borsch this weekend
    Ah yes, dear Ghengis. Nice bloke, slightly iffy foreign policy though. Mind you since I'm flying Aeroflot from Moscow I probably won't need to worry about what to do when I get there

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    You must be really fit if you danced like a dancing banana all day

Leave a comment:

Working...
X