• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Stock Market "correction""

Collapse

• Jawz .
    replied
    Originally posted by andy
    Blimey, I was doing just the opposite
    Thanks Jawz
    Yeah me too. lost a fortune.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    Originally posted by Jawz .
    Top tip. Buy low sell high, that way you can maximise your profits.
    Blimey, I was doing just the opposite
    Thanks Jawz

Leave a comment:

• Jawz .
    replied
    Top tip. Buy low sell high, that way you can maximise your profits.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Burdock
    SA, how do you keep winning on bingo?! Have you devised a methodology to win at a game of chance?!

If so, feel free to share!!

I can't believe I am tempted to play bingo

Its great man!!!! And last night I noticed a user won with the name WoodyCUK, so I'm guessing some bloke on here is also a fan and keeping it very quiet!!

I dont play every game - just the ones with the big jackpots and expensive tickets, and I only play when it's quite quiet (no more than 200ish players) that way I've got a better chance.

Its a game of luck, but I've got good luck And like I say, play the odds and bet big.

ha ha - what a knob I must sound talking about this in a thread where you lot are on about stocks and shares! I'm so out of my league on this board

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    I won £500 on the Bingo again last night (not really in the same league, but thats £1800 I've withdrawn in 4 days, not bad for a council estate passtime)
    SA, how do you keep winning on bingo?! Have you devised a methodology to win at a game of chance?!

If so, feel free to share!!

I can't believe I am tempted to play bingo

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I may have lost a few grand on stocks, but my house has gone up the same amount in the time it has taken me to type this message.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Just the normal vagaries of the market, only an issue for day traders etc. Sit tight, long term trend is still upwards, a few percent will soon be clawed back. If you don't have to sell, you haven't 'lost' the money.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    Not yet - it's still dropping like a stone.
    Not been watching, so you are probably right.
    If you wait for it to bottom you will miss the bounce back. Just wait for the obvious slow down or listen for the right piece of news.

I am not qualified to give this advice.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Sit tight it will come back.

Now is a good time to buy big.
    Not yet - it's still dropping like a stone.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    I won £500 on the Bingo again last night (not really in the same league, but thats £1800 I've withdrawn in 4 days, not bad for a council estate passtime)

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Sold short and made money...

The Yanks have such a crap dealing system...

Knew the Yanks system would overload, like it did last time...

How did I know? From this very bulletin board!

Eh? You say.

Duh! Remember they fired one of the guys that had a clue and he whined about it on here!!!!

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Sit tight it will come back.

Now is a good time to buy big.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    I haven't looked but I guess my ISAs/PEPs and pension funds have taken a hit.

Leave a comment:

• Jawz .
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates
    Anybody else got hammered yesterday.

me ....two months salary in the space of 3 hours.
    I used to do a bit of day trading on the side, but gave up when same thing happened to me £20K in one morning. I closed my trading account that day!

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    started a topic Stock Market "correction"

Stock Market "correction"

Anybody else got hammered yesterday.

me ....two months salary in the space of 3 hours.

Working...
X