• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How good is to be in the UK any longer?"

Collapse

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko
    So you are saying that this government cannot be blamed?
    In my case I can firmly state with proof that the New Lie / UK gov can be blamed. For example Denmark leads the world in eGov, and that isn't an accident...

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    The problem may not have reached you yet, but it is coming.

Your ivory towers will not protect you.
    Yes it will.... bet a fiver that DA and SA will buy a house in Cyprus or Spain and leave all the problems to the next generation.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Jawz: Just about everywhere I go. If I get an invite from the Embassy for drinkies etc. I'd do that, but going to watch Man U on the big screen in the local "English Pub" is something I'd really not bother with.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    So you lot are not whinging about me whinging then?
    I have yet to meet an Abbo who does not spend his life complaining about something.

This is a discussion forum, by its very nature some of its post will be complaints. Otherwise there would be no discussion apart from everybody agreeing what a wonderful place it is.

If you lot have got your heads so far up your arses that you can not see what is going on then you have a problem.
    The problem may not have reached you yet, but it is coming.

Your ivory towers will not protect you.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Most losers blame anything other than themselves. It must the fault of the country, the government, immigrants, etc etc etc. But if they try something else they find they can't leave the real problem (themselves) behind.
    So you are saying that this government cannot be blamed?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    question is, for your money where do you get the best quality of life, UK or mainland ?

Milan.
    Benesy,
    we all know you can't cut it back here in Blighty and are feverishly trying to delude yourself and others into thinking that the former soviet bloc is somehow some kind of nirvana. If you can't contribute more than that you'd be well advised to keep shtoom. For what its worth, I concur with most of what TLG has said. Despite the best efforts of the current Government and vast swathes of meddling PC do-gooders, this is still the best place to live in, warts and all.
    Francko, if you can't cut it then scuttle off back to pasta-land and stop whining. Its not as if we need any more frustrated middle-aged latin pen-pushers than we already have.

Leave a comment:

• Jawz
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    I avoid the expat community precisely because of their whining.
    You mean expat community as in OZ/Kiwi/SA?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Most losers blame anything other than themselves. It must the fault of the country, the government, immigrants, etc etc etc. But if they try something else they find they can't leave the real problem (themselves) behind.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    I presume that this is where the aussies got their "whingeing pom" from.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw
    Can't be arsed reading 5 pages worth of whinge, but in essense I think this is a bloody great place to live only spoiled slightly by the amount of fecking whingers who populate it.

It's a national pastime. I've met the same people as expats overseas, and you know what - they spend there whole time whining about the place they're in, and missing home. If it's so bad go and try somewhere else, then come back and see how you feel. I'd be surprised if many sang the same song then.
    Snaw!! I don't think anyone has said anything this sensible ever on this board including me!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    I am also working on (neary perfected) being an ageing perv.
    I knew there was something cool about you

And you're right - I live in an area where there are hardly any foreigners. Its too cold for them up here

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Ah I'm sad that you're experiencing such a tulipe life here, but come on! I've got 6 mates who are teachers - none of them have been forced to learn languages or loose their jobs!
    Speed cameras??? Surely we should have more of them!
    Nativities offend me aswell, so good!

I honestly dont see gangs of chavs on every corner - if I did, I'd move to a better area! And I dont believe for one minute that you actually see them on every corner!

You seem like just a typical English moaner LG! Victor Meldrew in the making You're turning into a grumpy old man, so you see the bad in everything "oooh it wasn't liek that in my day" etc.
    But you know what, it's sooooo English to be like that! And thats another thing I love about this country, so well done, keep it up
    I don't see it as a tulipe life, most of the time I either avoid it or volunteer to do something about it. Youth and community support work are part of my life.
    I live in a decent area where we don't get chavs, but driving around you see a lot.

I am not turning into a grumpy old man. I was born that way. I have only ever been happy when having a good moan. I am also working on (neary perfected) being an ageing perv.

Teachers: Obviously you don't live in or near a community where English is a second language to most of the kids.
    Speed Cameras: Money making not safety based. All for road safety thoroughly against speed cameras. There are far worse offences than speeding.
    Nativity: UK is a Christian Country (I know, I know) so incomers should expect this kind of thing. It was to make the point of migrants having more say than residents.

As I said, I love living where I do. If I wanted to I could retreat to the lake district or abroad. The more I see the more I want to do that.
    I do not want to run away, I want to make it better, but the whole country would have to do something to make that happen.
    I have found places in Europe and beyond that I could happily live in.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    The great thing about Britain is that you can be a yob and nobody minds.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Can't be arsed reading 5 pages worth of whinge, but in essense I think this is a bloody great place to live only spoiled slightly by the amount of fecking whingers who populate it.

It's a national pastime. I've met the same people as expats overseas, and you know what - they spend there whole time whining about the place they're in, and missing home. If it's so bad go and try somewhere else, then come back and see how you feel. I'd be surprised if many sang the same song then.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X