• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "IR35 - more unintended consequences"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    I think this is about employment status more generally, not IR35 or any reforms related to that (the status tests themselves are mostly the same tests in all contexts, although the agency legislation uses the slightly special snowflake of SD&C). They will all be operating as sole traders, no intermediary involved.
    So someone needs to find out who owned the original account then prosecute that person for breaching h&s legislation or even corporate manslaughter.

Do that a few times successfully then this will be less likely to happen.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

could've

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    I think this is about employment status more generally, not IR35 or any reforms related to that (the status tests themselves are mostly the same tests in all contexts, although the agency legislation uses the slightly special snowflake of SD&C). They will all be operating as sole traders, no intermediary involved.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

HAVE
    could've

Leave a comment:

• pr1
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Very likely as it means they aren't employees.

It also explains why in summer the delivery people look younger.

Edited to say: Could of just read the story again

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

HAVE

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

I wonder why Deliveroo drivers have RoS.

Self-employed independent couriers have the legal right to use a substitute.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 14 November 2023, 13:23.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Shocked, shocked I tell you.

Obvious abuse if anyone thought about it.

One assumes they tax the verified NI number at high rate.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    started a topic IR35 - more unintended consequences

IR35 - more unintended consequences

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67371473

I wonder why Deliveroo drivers have RoS.

Working...
X