• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Marmalade, Part IV

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Marmalade, Part IV"

Collapse

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD
    It's so good I've hidden it from the wife! Unfortunately, she's just found it - evidence on a knife apparantly.

Curse her Poirot-like forensic skills...

Isn't illicit marmalade grounds for divorce and handing over half your future income these days?

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    It's so good I've hidden it from the wife! Unfortunately, she's just found it - evidence on a knife apparantly.

Curse her Poirot-like forensic skills...

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Thanks for the compliments, n5gooner and realityhack, I really appreciate it. Perhaps I should hang up the data models and get out the pinny full time?

Cojak, I'll PM you with the order fulfilment details. Thanks.

If you want another jar, n5gooner, I should be able to sort you out. It might be a giant jar though (previously used for pickled onions I think).

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    it is, mines nearly all gone!!

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Damn, it's no good

I'll have to place an order.

One jar please, Mr LB!

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Perfect

Just received the parcel - opened it up and shamelessly grabbed a spoon and had some.
    Really nice - rich flavour, sweet with the tang of the peel - thick cut. Cheers LB!

(The poison hasn't kicked in yet - no drug symptoms at the mo - pulse normal, so far so good. If I don't post anymore after tonight I'm one of LB's statistics!)

Leave a comment:

• Davros
    replied
    Originally posted by Dalek Supreme
    How much is the shipping to Skaro? If it is prohibitively expensive to ship to another galaxy could you supply 10,000 jars to our secret army on Spiridon? That's much closer to Earth.
    I know all about that "plan". It didn't work then and it won't work now.

Leave a comment:

• Dalek Supreme
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    But that aside, do you want some marmalade?
    How much is the shipping to Skaro? If it is prohibitively expensive to ship to another galaxy could you supply 10,000 jars to our secret army on Spiridon? That's much closer to Earth.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by hattra
    If they could read, they would know it's supposed to be " a nice Amarone & some fava beans" - it was changed to Chianti for the american movie-goer
    True. Like the Timothy Dalton Bond film "License to Kill", originally entitled "License Revoked" (seeing as that's what it's about) but changed after advance screenings showed that 80%+ of Americans didn't know what "revoked" meant.

But that aside, do you want some marmalade?

Leave a comment:

• hattra
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    A bit like that cannibalistic German IT guy who advertised on the internet for someone who wanted to be eaten. Apparently before he killed the guy and cut him up for the freezer, they both sat down to a bit of the victim's fried penis (some say with Chianti and fava beans).
    If they could read, they would know it's supposed to be " a nice Amarone & some fava beans" - it was changed to Chianti for the american movie-goer

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    I realy do want some, but I can't get past the fact that you "may" be some random internet nutter with a "special" ingredient.
    A bit like that cannibalistic German IT guy who advertised on the internet for someone who wanted to be eaten. Apparently before he killed the guy and cut him up for the freezer, they both sat down to a bit of the victim's fried penis (some say with Chianti and fava beans).

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    My mum is very disappointed with the quality of the Seville oranges this year, LB.

What's your opinion?
    No complaints here. In fact it's been the nicest marmalade I've done in a while. I used organic ones, don't know what your mum was using or if that made a difference?

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack
    Actually a few drops of something like cannabis oil may work quite nicely in a great jar of marmalade!

(allegedly)
    I charge a premium for those jars.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Actually a few drops of something like cannabis oil may work quite nicely in a great jar of marmalade!

(allegedly)

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    I realy do want some, but I can't get past the fact that you "may" be some random internet nutter with a "special" ingredient.
    and multiple identities.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X