• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Stomach Stapling!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Stomach Stapling!"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Sally, a few suggestions:

You can lose quite a bit of weight over time, or at least gain less, by small extra exertions such as not taking the lift for less than a couple of floors, or walking up the escalators (if you use the tube).

Also, if you're tempted by chocolate why not try what I call aversion therapy. (I could make my fortune out of this if I was a Yank, and assuming no one else has thought of it!) Buy a _stack_ of full size toblerones, ten or twenty bars, and scoff the lot quickly at one sitting. The idea is that you'll be as sick as a parrot, and as a result will never want to eat them or any other chocolate again!

Another idea, seriously, is to start smoking. Some people, brainwashed by hysterical doctors and politicians, are convinced it is harmful, which I'd concede it may be if you chain smoke Capstan Full Strength or something all day long or (most important) don't have adequate ventilation.

But twenty Silk Cut a day never hurt anyone, except in the wallet, and it will help suppress your apetite, _and_ you'll get extra exercise as that nicotine craving draws you away from your desk every hour or so for a fag break outside (using the stairs, remember, not the lift - "stairs good, lift bad!")
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 17 February 2007, 08:59.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    Charlie.
    Coke.
    Columbian Marching Powder.

the drug that makes men paranoid and impotent. unless you can convince them to put it on the tops of their willys.

works!

Leave a comment:

• datestamp
    replied
    SallyAnne, have you considered using a clinical hypnotist?

Leave a comment:

• EqualOpportunities
    replied
    Originally posted by freakydancer
    Fun

*sniff*
    Indeed :wide eyed smiley:

Leave a comment:

• freakydancer
    replied
    Originally posted by Mustang
    Cum on then - what is white naughty!
    Fun

*sniff*

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Mustang
    Charlie.
    Coke.
    Columbian Marching Powder.

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    The ONLY exercise !
    Lucy, does that explain why you are 9 stone?!!

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    That's the spirit!!

These gym bods may not have an ounce of fat on them but they've never experienced 15 pints and a kebab on a friday night...

Brighton is f**king ace (let's see who gets the first gay jibe in) - I've got a couple of mates down there, so try to shoot down once every couple of months...was there a few months back to watch The Flaming Lips at the Brighton Centre - great weekend.

Have a good one!!
    Cheers mate

Leave a comment:

• freakydancer
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Yeah I plan on being a health goddess this weekend like - treble vodkas wih fresh orange, kebabs with salad, pizzas with mushrooms and pepers.....body...temple...aaaiiii
    That's the spirit!!

These gym bods may not have an ounce of fat on them but they've never experienced 15 pints and a kebab on a friday night...

Brighton is f**king ace (let's see who gets the first gay jibe in) - I've got a couple of mates down there, so try to shoot down once every couple of months...was there a few months back to watch The Flaming Lips at the Brighton Centre - great weekend.

Have a good one!!

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner
    sorry, what is white naughty ?? I'm thinking of something else.....

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Ah, the old marching powder - makes a good night great!! (alledgedly)

When you get peckish, Kebab Express on Queen St.....the food of kings, and it's good for you if you put lettuce in it....
    Yeah I plan on being a health goddess this weekend like - treble vodkas wih fresh orange, kebabs with salad, pizzas with mushrooms and pepers.....body...temple...aaaiiii

Leave a comment:

• freakydancer
    replied
    I surely am

I think it's going to be a fairly mad one - the hen is bringing a big bag of white naughty with her! And here's me thinking we'd all become sophisticated since we left uni!!
    Ah, the old marching powder - makes a good night great!! (alledgedly)

When you get peckish, Kebab Express on Queen St.....the food of kings, and it's good for you if you put lettuce in it....

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    I surely am

I think it's going to be a fairly mad one - the hen is bringing a big bag of white naughty with her! And here's me thinking we'd all become sophisticated since we left uni!!
    sorry, what is white naughty ?? I'm thinking of something else.....

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Well I'm on the train (free wifi on GNER - how decent of them!), and I haven't had any lunch yet....except I did have a packet of munchies at York station (oh, and a packet of rolo's).

So I think I should possibly skip lunch
    don't skip, have some fruit......if you skill you want to eat in an hour or so and will have more junk food..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X