• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What is it with SockPuppet, MF and others?"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Yes, who you calling fishface? Do I look like a fish, monkey face?

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    So is fishface!

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    WTF!!! Dont lump me together with sockpuppet fishface.

I'm hurt.....

Leave a comment:

• Warrior Princess
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak
    No probs here, I've had three calls wanting my services, one of them an ex-client in Switzerland.
    Perhaps you might like to rephrase that.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    "What is it with SockPuppet, MF and others?"

No problems here either. Couldnt be better.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    No probs here, I've had three calls wanting my services, one of them an ex-client in Switzerland.

Tempting...

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Yep - same here, 6 contracts and no real problems. I put this down to a relaxed attitude to some of the details. As long as the money is coming I don't sweat over a couple of weeks delay, doing a bit of paperwork is no big deal and I don't need a hug/lunch/wine from the agent. Been back in the game 8 months after a lean spell and the money is piling up very nicely....

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    DOes not let you having a 75% cut or wanting to review the contract before the contractor sign it make then miserable by default

Leave a comment:

• jh0711
    replied
    interesting i used to work for a recruitment company ( a long long time ago) and no I was not a dodgy consultant but worked more on the contractor care side (and actually cared about the contractors too)

however there were always some who were only happy when they were thorughly miserable - to the point where they seemed to make problems for themselves just to have something to whinge about.

may not be overly relevant and if they are having all these problems they do have my sympathies but .......

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    No end of problems with clients, contracts, agents, interviews, etc.

Am I the only one who just applies, gets contract, earns dosh, enjoys?

Also plodding along nicely bothering as few people as possible and trying to be bothered as little as possible BUT its renewal time so I've got to act unhappy to try and get a rate increase !!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied

I just bring out the best in people.

Leave a comment:

• Bear
    replied
    nope - me too

I even get offered rate rises before renewal

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied

No, I'm pretty happy with the whole process except my client is a bit of a c.n.u.t. at the mo. But hey - it's money in the bank.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a topic What is it with SockPuppet, MF and others?

What is it with SockPuppet, MF and others?

Working...
X