• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Oh...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Oh..."

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by cannon999 View Post

You still get vaccinated you great big clown. If you have recovered from a cold - do you expect to never catch it again? Jesus christ this country is doomed to be in lockdowns forever because clowns like you end up at hospitals.
    There are hundreds or thousands of colds, I think it's somewhat unusual to catch the same one multiple times? There's a reason we don't have a cure for the common cold.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

You Sir are polite.

Leave a comment:

• cannon999
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    If catching something and recovering from it does not confer some immunity then all conventional vaccines do not work. That is what you are saying. You don't even understand basic immunology, do you?

Why don't you just unplug from the media bubble and read about how Edward Jenner created the first vaccine?

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    If catching something and recovering from it does not confer some immunity then all conventional vaccines do not work. That is what you are saying. You don't even understand basic immunology, do you?

Why don't you just unplug from the media bubble and read about how Edward Jenner created the first vaccine?

Leave a comment:

• cannon999
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post

What about people who have caught COVID and recovered?
    You still get vaccinated you great big clown. If you have recovered from a cold - do you expect to never catch it again? Jesus christ this country is doomed to be in lockdowns forever because clowns like you end up at hospitals.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    I must admit I was an avid follower of the initial restrictions but..

At this point it is getting ridiculous. I am 30, had 3 shots as advised by government why the hell do I need to sit at home? The solution to this circus is very simple. If you are not vaccinated you are denied healthcare. You made your choice to excersise your 'freedom' so you should get to die by your choice as well.
    What about people who have caught COVID and recovered? The most conservative study puts them as 17 fold better protected than the vaccinated. Looks like you have drunk too deeply from the propaganda bottle, wise-up man and find your humanity.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    We are already looking at real world inflation of 15-20%. We don't need more money printing.
    Don't you worry, good chaps from Bank of England got it under control now - rates gone up by 150% just before Xmas, that should calm down inflation nicely, if not then they'll DOUBLE rates next year.

Leave a comment:

• cannon999
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Can't do that in this country as they would have to pass a bill which none of the opposition parties would support. Then if it passed someone's family would take it to Court.
    We are already looking at real world inflation of 15-20%. We don't need more money printing.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

At this point it is getting ridiculous. I am 30, had 3 shots as advised by government why the hell do I need to sit at home? The solution to this circus is very simple. If you are not vaccinated you are denied healthcare. You made your choice to excersise your 'freedom' so you should get to die by your choice as well.
    Can't do that in this country as they would have to pass a bill which none of the opposition parties would support. Then if it passed someone's family would take it to Court.

Leave a comment:

• cannon999
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Two weeks won't do tulip even if compliance is as good as in Feb/Mar this year.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Cobra meeting tomorrow apparently.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    started a topic Oh...

Oh...

...for FFS
    So the lockdown guidance is for after Christmas so Downing Street doesn't get caught having parties.
    https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...s-say-12498746

Advisers have apparently recommended moving to restrictions seen in step one and two of the easing of lockdown in the spring. This included a ban on indoor mixing and indoor hospitality.

Saturday 18 December 2021 07:09, UK
    A rapid rise in COVID-19 cases has led to a surge in booking cancellations across the hospitality industry (File pic)

Officials are drawing up plans for a two-week circuit breaker lockdown after Christmas which would include a ban on indoor mixing, according to reports.

Draft regulations are being prepared which would ban meeting others indoors except for work purposes, and that pubs and restaurants would be limited to outdoor service only, according to The Times.

The Financial Times reported that Boris Johnson has been presented with a number of options under a so-called Plan C, ranging from "mild guidance to nudge people, right through to lockdown".

The newspaper quoted allies of the prime minister who claimed he wanted to go down the guidance route, but that he had to be realistic about the threat of Omicron.

Leaked minutes from the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage), seen by the BBC, reportedly said scientists had told ministers that tougher measures need to be brought in "very soon".

Advisers have apparently recommended moving to restrictions seen in step one and two of the easing of lockdown in the spring. This included a ban on indoor mixing and indoor hospitality.

Working...
X