• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Agresso Opportunities - Contract"

Collapse

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected]

i use run a video chat room on camfrog, trust me there is nothing i havent seen.....
    You are a Thai Ladyboy and charge £2.99/min and I claim my crisp £5.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by fzbucks
    AAAAAAWWWWW DA is getting all jealous that another agent might be muscling in on his contractor friends
    Friends?

Steady on there fzbucks.

Leave a comment:

• fzbucks
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    You will find knowledge in short supply here

AAAAAAWWWWW DA is getting all jealous that another agent might be muscling in on his contractor friends

Leave a comment:

• E11esar
    replied
    Agresso Clients

Agresso tends to be used by construction/civil engineering companies. Why I do not know, but these sort of companies pay peanuts. I am not sure that the niche is much of a runner.
    Hi there. Agresso is used by local/central government, education and larger private sector companies across the UK, Europe and USA.

It is an accounting/finance windows system written in Visual C++, VB, VBA and more recently C#.

I've been there for several years now and it's okay.

Leave a comment:

• Stuart@itworksrec.co.uk
    replied
    Originally posted by andy
    wait until you meet some real wierdos here

i use run a video chat room on camfrog, trust me there is nothing i havent seen.....

Anyway back to Agresso Experience anyone know anyone current roles:

Project Manager/Systems Accountant/QL consultant available on contract or permanent......

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    That's not a sense of humour. They are serious.
    wait until you meet some real wierdos here

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100

must be my sense of humour then. lmao

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Good to meet some guys with a sense of humour makes a change.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by cojak
    Actually, if it's such a pile of pants it'll need serious Incident and Problem management.

MALVOLIO!

*Grabs ITIL hard hat, runs to door...*

If you know of anyone with that experience just send them my way... Hard Hat not required !!

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Actually, if it's such a pile of pants it'll need serious Incident and Problem management.

MALVOLIO!

*Grabs ITIL hard hat, runs to door...*

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    two sugars please

thanks
    I like this man!

You'll go far here, dear...

*nips to Amazon, searches 'Aggresso'*

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by despot
    I recall from many years past a competitive sell that involved mucho performance testing in competition against another Oracle shop and ... wait for it Aggresso.

The government department that decided to buy Aggresso kind of sums up how poor the civil service are at everything. We went through every fracking technical hurdle to show them Oracle and never once considered that Aggresso would be taken seriously as they are such a noddy outfit.

Yep ... they bought Aggresso ... reason, they cost about half the price of the Oracle solution (which ain't cheap, but u gets what u pays for, as they say). The bit that choked me on my cuppa at the time was that the solution they had sold didn't actually exist (vapourware) and a promise to deliver the project in 4 years. An off the shelf package that is delivered in 4 years!!! Some shelf. You have to larf.

Well in the end its where the work is!!! and life is like that it always does a full circle !!!
    Final body blow, the product at the time was a mix and match of products from all over the globe. In short, a dogs dinner of an architecture. A great logo for the company would be a picture of Frankie Stein!

All government departments buy on price at the end of the day and end up paying double, triple, quadruple. And it might just about do better than what they currently have today. Could be a cushy contract actually ... I've gone full circle. Count me in ....
    Life does go full circle dont you think, well thats where the work is anyone want it - Agresso experience a definate requirement have a great day!!

Leave a comment:

• despot
    replied
    I recall from many years past a competitive sell that involved mucho performance testing in competition against another Oracle shop and ... wait for it Aggresso.

The government department that decided to buy Aggresso kind of sums up how poor the civil service are at everything. We went through every fracking technical hurdle to show them Oracle and never once considered that Aggresso would be taken seriously as they are such a noddy outfit.

Yep ... they bought Aggresso ... reason, they cost about half the price of the Oracle solution (which ain't cheap, but u gets what u pays for, as they say). The bit that choked me on my cuppa at the time was that the solution they had sold didn't actually exist (vapourware) and a promise to deliver the project in 4 years. An off the shelf package that is delivered in 4 years!!! Some shelf. You have to larf.

Final body blow, the product at the time was a mix and match of products from all over the globe. In short, a dogs dinner of an architecture. A great logo for the company would be a picture of Frankie Stein!

All government departments buy on price at the end of the day and end up paying double, triple, quadruple. And it might just about do better than what they currently have today. Could be a cushy contract actually ... I've gone full circle. Count me in ....

Leave a comment:

replied
    Not you- do keep up!

no i dont like to steretype myself with a particular hat!!! cant keep up am working you know lol !!!!

i am out of here guys have a great nite !!

Come on England another good defeat the quicker Mclaren goes the better..

stu

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    how you know i wear a hat lol !!!
    Not you- do keep up!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X