• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Brazil....sao paulo"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    My father lived there as a boy. I think he saw a snake once and he told me something else about it but I have forgotten. Hope that helps.

PS Oh yes, I remember, he got a Jigger in his arm. Apparently you singe their bottoms with a lighted match and they back out. Odd, I would have thought they would have gone further in.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffoon
    Brazil - they do interesting things with wax.
    followed by

Originally posted by MrsGoof
    Nuts
    You mean the guys use wax to depillate their nuts?!

Ouch - that _has_ to hurt

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    Ask this chap Mike, he is in Brazil and has a website about it.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    They use ethanol from sugar cane to power cars which gives the place an unusual smell, Sao Paulo is meant to be very dodgy - although I was only there briefly so can't really comment.

Great in Rio, but like others have said it can be very scary away from the touristy places, their women put ours to shame & interestingly I know two UK blokes who have recently married Brazilian women!

But I actually liked Uruguay more ... I think I had lower expectations so was pleasantly surprised.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Hello Luke,

how's life ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Fishface
    replied
    It is hot and cloudy and humid most of the year - be prepared to sweat.

I understand if a Brazilian woman wants you then she will have you.

Uruguay is a place to go and chill - it is soooo layed back they don't have traffic lights in most towns.

And Argentina - the best beef and the most beautiful women - I love it and live there most of the year.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Luke GuyStalker
    Ok lads, whats the scoop on this place

Looks like i'm heading there
    Brazilians know how to cook meat to perfection... I have yet to have beef anywhere else that's as tender or tasty.

Locals are friendly, and get even friendlier when they find out you're a brit and not american

Girls are amazing, although if out clubbing then (subtly) check if they charge. Just ask them what they do... seem to be quite a few in Rio at least that "f**k for money". Can't say i wasn't tempted

Crime is rife, stick to the safe areas. Taxis are cheap so use them

Prices a generally cheap, although anything that's imported will be pretty expensive due to high import tariffs

Leave a comment:

• freakydancer
    replied
    Originally posted by CptFantastic
    It's far away, they speak strange Portuguese and I wouldn't suggest taking a girl / guy home from a club until you inspect the goods.
    Check his name - he ain't into girls.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Brilliant film.

Leave a comment:

• CptFantastic
    replied
    It's far away, they speak strange Portuguese and I wouldn't suggest taking a girl / guy home from a club until you inspect the goods.

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    Nuts

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    Brazil - they do interesting things with wax.

Leave a comment:

• Luke GuyStalker
    started a topic Brazil....sao paulo

Brazil....sao paulo

Ok lads, whats the scoop on this place

Looks like i'm heading there

Working...
X