• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Bird Flu is here

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bird Flu is here"

Collapse

• Buffoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    Originally posted by Buffoon
    It's gonna end it tears mark my words
    ... and cost billions -gotta find a use for all those H5N1 vaccines ...hmmm now is there a link between a certain vaccine manufacturer and Labour Party Donations?
    I was refering to SA working for a government agency!

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Originally posted by mcquiggd
    I think you might mean York Minster? It's quite spectacular...

As for nor mentioning the Scots, well, you can do at the moment as long as you mention them losng to England yesterday.

Had a conversation with a Scottish friend while watching the Ireland game, and she became so worked up about the English cheating (yawn!) I jokingly suggested Mel Gibson should referee all future matches between the two contries. She thought it was a good idea

Yes meant the York Minster, but everyone called it the Abbey when I was there. It did look spectacular from outside, its a shame I never got round to go inside

Being a foreigner and pro Scots, I found it really funny how the Yorkies never forgave the Scots - I learnt more about the war of the roses as well- fascinating historical place (fascinating to me cuz I never studied English history - apart from the colonial stuff), wish I learnt more while I was in York but got dragged into going to various pubs and bars almost every evening (what a waste ) did you know there is a Richard the 3rd support society - all I know about Richard the 3rd is through Shakespeare’s play - but there are many that argues about the way Shakespeare has portrayed his character ..anyway lots of Richard the 3rd supporter in York

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown
    anyone stopped eating birds yet?

That sounds like something Churchill would say

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    NO thanks - that was my first and hopefully last government project I loved York though I stayed on a hotel overlooking the river, it was great.

Try the Earl Grey tea room (in the shambles) very nice. Also there are lots of evening things to do e.g. moveable historical feasts.

Unfortunately never managed to see the Abbey, but its worth visiting.

What ever you do - don't mention the Scots there ....eeeeeek this reminds me remembered I completely forgot about Burns night this year

Anyway good luck, and if you need any information / advice, just let me know

I think you might mean York Minster? It's quite spectacular...

As for nor mentioning the Scots, well, you can do at the moment as long as you mention them losng to England yesterday.

Had a conversation with a Scottish friend while watching the Ireland game, and she became so worked up about the English cheating (yawn!) I jokingly suggested Mel Gibson should referee all future matches between the two contries. She thought it was a good idea
    Last edited by mcquiggd; 4 February 2007, 18:37.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    I once worked for a Government department that had an office in the Shambles. Noone else seemed to appreciate how apposite the address was...

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    NO thanks - that was my first and hopefully last government project I loved York though I stayed on a hotel overlooking the river, it was great.

Try the Earl Grey tea room (in the shambles) very nice. Also there are lots of evening things to do e.g. moveable historical feasts.

What ever you do - don't mention the Scots there ....eeeeeek this reminds me remembered I completely forgot about Burns night this year

Tea rooms and churches? You dont know me very well do you?!

Thanks though Sandy, although I'm not actually staying over as its close enough to home for me to come home every night. Yorks one of my favourite places in the world - we try and have a weekend there once a month.

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Its a shame you're not still there Sandy - you could have been my Maltins lunchtime partner

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    keep your head down and you should be ok
    I intend to - its a near perfect gig for me this one so I'll be working like a little good'un.

I am so excited man - I feel like I'm off on my holidays tomorrow, not going to work! I get to put my suit on AND go on the train AND wear my new work bag
    (You can tell I was the kind of kid who got excited going back to school aswell eh?)

Its a shame you're not still there Sandy - you could have been my Maltins lunchtime partner

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffoon
    It's gonna end it tears mark my words.
    ... and cost billions -gotta find a use for all those H5N1 vaccines ...hmmm now is there a link between a certain vaccine manufacturer and Labour Party Donations?

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    anyone stopped eating bird yet?

SA - I worked on a DEFRA project through one of the consultancies I used to work for (sorry not as a contractor) like any other government project it was very slow going, no one wants to make a decision and lots of politics. However because its slow going play your cards right and you can be in there for a very long and profitable contract, keep your head down and you should be ok

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    DEFRA rocks!
    It's gonna end it tears mark my words.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    I worked on a contract for Defra in York - don't tell me you are on the LR project?

No idea!

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    I didn't go to the hen do in the end, had too much to do preparing for my new job on Monday. My new job in York. Anyone? Anyone?

DEFRA rocks!

I worked on a contract for Defra in York - don't tell me you are on the LR project?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by foritisme
    No more hen parties for you SA

I didn't go to the hen do in the end, had too much to do preparing for my new job on Monday. My new job in York. Anyone? Anyone?

DEFRA rocks!

Leave a comment:

• foritisme
    replied
    No more hen parties for you SA

Leave a comment:

Working...
X