• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "European countries mandate medical-grade masks over homemade cloth face coverings"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie, or are you gonna bite?

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Churchy is used to muzzles and ball gags so for him any other type of mask is like a dream.
    You're projecting again.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Churchy is used to muzzles and ball gags so for him any other type of mask is like a dream.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    No as it seems you can't buy them, apparently they were hoping for December availability but that seems to have slipped
    So are they better than FFP3 masks that I’ve been using for the last 10 months?
    Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    So are they better than FFP3 masks that I’ve been using for the last 10 months?

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Wrong thread Shirley, you should post this in Scootie's "Stock market crash"...
    If you weren't such a clueless tulipe you would know about the new virus killing masks invented and being supplied by Pharm2Farm a wholly owned subsidiary of "Remote Monitored Systems Plc." LON:RMS

I hope your ignorance doesn't cause your untimely death dying in a pool of your own snot but YMMV.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    what if covid got into your underpants
    It will die!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Might I commend LON:RMS to the congregation...
    Wrong thread Shirley, you should post this in Scootie's "Stock market crash"...

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Might I commend LON:RMS to the congregation...

Yes I am a shareholder but every little helps...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    Many of the face coverings I've seen people wearing don't look like much of a barrier. Some don't even look like they've been washed in weeks.
    Hence the development in enlightened EU that will result in proper face coverings being used, not whatever is available (which wasn't good enough before new more infectious variants)

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Bollox. You are not the only one to wear glasses, me included. You need to bend and shape the metal strip on mask to fit close to your skin and then it won't mist up. A shield should be used as an extra precaution, not as primary protection.
    Get up the wrong side of bed this morning?

Many of the face coverings I've seen people wearing don't look like much of a barrier. Some don't even look like they've been washed in weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I breathe through a long tube with the end stuck in my underpants.
    what if covid got into your underpants

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    I use a visor rather than a mask. I wear glasses and find a visor more convenient. It's easier to get on and off without getting your hands anywhere near your nose and mouth.

I see a lot of people constantly fiddling with masks, which must be a bit counterproductive if they haven't washed their hands.

Has there been any research done as to which is better, mask or visor?
    Bollox. You are not the only one to wear glasses, me included. You need to bend and shape the metal strip on mask to fit close to your skin and then it won't mist up. A shield should be used as an extra precaution, not as primary protection.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    When entering a supermarket, I take a large dollop of alcoholic handwash and wipe it across the outside of my mask.

Nearly fainted once, due to breathing the fumes close up, but it must help prevent viruses sneaking through the mask.
    70% alcohol spray is far more convenient for that than the hand gel stuff. I keep a small bottle of it in my handbag as it's more socially acceptable to have that than lots of gin miniatures.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    When entering a supermarket, I take a large dollop of alcoholic handwash and wipe it across the outside of my mask.

Nearly fainted once, due to breathing the fumes close up, but it must help prevent viruses sneaking through the mask.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X