• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "BOOMED: House Prices!"

Collapse

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I think one of our esteemed mods was looking earlier this year
    I'm sure I could do them a good deal

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    People choosing to leave cities has nothing to do with ethnicity as the racists think, it's all to do with wanting more space for the family. As it's become more accepted to WFH some people have more choice on where they can live. This obviously doesn't fit the narrative of the racists though

I'm the opposite, I'll be looking to move from this village/countryside back to the city. Kind of hoping the village property prices have risen more than city flats .... anyone looking for a 6 bed, 4 bath, 0.5 acre property with 3300 sqr ft space in SW?
    I think one of our esteemed mods was looking earlier this year

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    It's hard to imagine white flight is happening in London.

In fact, London prices are doing rather well: Islington records UK's highest house price growth of 2020 at 13.4% | Money | The Guardian

We'll see if new ways of working stick and if people want to escape London etc. (I did think it would happen).
    People choosing to leave cities has nothing to do with ethnicity as the racists think, it's all to do with wanting more space for the family. As it's become more accepted to WFH some people have more choice on where they can live. This obviously doesn't fit the narrative of the racists though

I'm the opposite, I'll be looking to move from this village/countryside back to the city. Kind of hoping the village property prices have risen more than city flats .... anyone looking for a 6 bed, 4 bath, 0.5 acre property with 3300 sqr ft space in SW?

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenBastard
    replied
    It's hard to imagine white flight is happening in London.

In fact, London prices are doing rather well: Islington records UK's highest house price growth of 2020 at 13.4% | Money | The Guardian

We'll see if new ways of working stick and if people want to escape London etc. (I did think it would happen).

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    The BBC knows we all know what "changing preferences" means.
    Really? In your racist mind, maybe, but to me it means something else completely.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    "changing preferences" == White flight
    If he's brought over a kebab shop he's clearly done the opposite and trying to fit in like a good immigrant.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    The BBC knows we all know what "changing preferences" means.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Why the need for a racist comment?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Land registry transactions are probably about 40% of where they usually are.

The nationwide are presenting a picture of normalcy based upon a section of the market that can still get credit.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I was convinced the house prices will crash for at least 15 years, right until the moment I bought my luxury bedsit over a kebab shop - now I am a permabull

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    You spent 6 months telling us they were going to go down.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    started a topic BOOMED: House Prices!

BOOMED: House Prices!

"UK house prices see highest growth in six years in 2020"

UK house prices climbed 7.5% in 2020, the highest growth rate for six years, building society Nationwide found.

Prices ended the year 5.3% above the level prevailing in March, a resilience that seemed unlikely at the start of the pandemic, it said.

Housing demand has been buoyed by a raft of policy measures and changing preferences due to the pandemic.

House prices were 0.8% higher in December than November, with the average property valued at £230,920."

UK house prices see highest growth in six years in 2020 - BBC News

Luxury bedsits over kebab shops doing particular well!

Working...
X