• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Come join me...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Come join me..."

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Works for us - we're Tier 2, but everywhere around us is tier4, so we can't go to the local Tesco etc. Will actually mean we can do more.
    I had to cross the border to pick up a turkey from Waitrose, but I ordered it before the rules changed so that's OK, isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    If pandemic was only kiling younger people (like swine flu) then we won't have lockdown because people who decide that are old...
    Swine flu burnt itself out by killing those who contacted it before they could pass it on enough.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Don't be sensible that won't happen until the SA mutation starts killing people aged 10-30.
    If pandemic was only kiling younger people (like swine flu) then we won't have lockdown because people who decide that are old...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Tier 4 is BS, need new proper lockdown (best do it now since schools are closed and should not be open till March really)
    Don't be sensible that won't happen until the SA mutation starts killing people aged 10-30.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Tier 4 is BS, need new proper lockdown (best do it now since schools are closed and should not be open till March really)

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I think we've been in something like tier 3.5 for about 60 days with another 20 or so to go. I thought today was Friday so got all my stuff done ready for the weekend....

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Works for us - we're Tier 2, but everywhere around us is tier4, so we can't go to the local Tesco etc. Will actually mean we can do more.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It is illegal as it isn't an essential journey.

After all none of you are having mental health problems caused by you being apart from each other.
    No new ones, anyway
    Last edited by ladymuck; 23 December 2020, 20:51.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Dammit. Now it won't be illegal for me to visit the parentals They could have waited till after the weekend.
    It is illegal as it isn't an essential journey.

After all none of you are having mental health problems caused by you being apart from each other.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Dammit. Now it won't be illegal for me to visit the parentals They could have waited till after the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Local infections in my area have halved in two weeks yet we are going from tier 2 to tier 4

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I'm getting about:blank#blocked on that page SE.
    working link: Covid-19: Millions more people to enter tier 4 on Boxing Day - BBC News

And I'll be joining the OP in tier 4 as well, cancelled my company Christmas/New Years outing for me and my staff in Cornwall next week

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    Not yet my sweetness, Birmingham is celebrating the last days of tier 3 into the new year. But soon, very soon.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I'm getting about:blank#blocked on that page SE.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    started a topic Come join me...

Come join me...

...and others in tier 4.

You know you want to at 00:01 on Boxing Day.

Covid-19: Six million more people to enter tier 4 on Boxing Day - BBC News

"It is therefore necessary to put more of the East and South East of England into tier four."

Areas moving to tier four are: Sussex, Oxfordshire, Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Hampshire, with the exception of the New Forest, and the parts of Essex and Surrey not already in the toughest restrictions.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 23 December 2020, 18:20.

Working...
X