• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The jabs...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The jabs..."

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I've had blood taken and injections from nurses and GPs. The nurses are much better at both as they do it more often.

I had a flu jab from a pharmacist. She was fine as she was doing all of them at that Boots branch.
    My point precisely. I prefer a nurse. Nothing to do with the uniform, honest...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Exactamundo

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I've tried it, and amazingly it worked. First time walking in and seeing nice lady with like 100 needles in her face was a bit like

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    I'll be happy to wait until I next book a doctors appointment, and have it done then (they have 2 full-time nurses in the practice). I'm in no rush.
    I've had blood taken and injections from nurses and GPs. The nurses are much better at both as they do it more often.

I had a flu jab from a pharmacist. She was fine as she was doing all of them at that Boots branch.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I think I saw that film...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    I've tried it, and amazingly it worked. First time walking in and seeing nice lady with like 100 needles in her face was a bit like
    I think I saw that film...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    You mean acupuncture? Never tried it (you'll probably not be amazed to hear...)

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    You are such a softie Mordy

Be grateful you don't get needletherapy as part of Covid prep...

You mean acupuncture? Never tried it (you'll probably not be amazed to hear...)

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I'll be happy to wait until I next book a doctors appointment, and have it done then (they have 2 full-time nurses in the practice). I'm in no rush.
    Unlike AtW when he sees a wall!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Unfortunately, due to the government's underfunding and privatisation steps with the NHS, we're short of around 40,000 nurses - that's excluding ones that would be needed to work the Nightingales.
    But you'll get what you vote for.

How much will you be happy to pay for the jab?
    How much extra would you pay for the jab for it to come from a suitably qualified nurse?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Strangely, I don't find that very reassuring...
    You are such a softie Mordy

Be grateful you don't get needletherapy as part of Covid prep...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
    Intra muscular injections are very easy to do, I assume that's what it will be. You could show someone how to do it in 5 minutes.
    Strangely, I don't find that very reassuring...

Leave a comment:

• jayn200
    replied
    mRNA is about to become very well tested (at least short term risks)
    Yes by end of the 2021 there will be very very good short term data on it. Long term might take decades though who knows. Especially if incidence of whatever issues are relatively low.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    its a new territory. There are currently no mRNA vaccines. This will be the first.
    mRNA is about to become very well tested (at least short term risks)

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    its a new territory. There are currently no mRNA vaccines. This will be the first.
    They will be giving out free 5G iPhone 12 with each jab

Leave a comment:

Working...
X