• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Working From Home

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Working From Home"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Easy

Be so bloody ugly they don't want you in the office- works for me!

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by andy
    How do you guys land up work from home contracts.
    My clients always want to see me working in office to make sure they get their money's worth.
    Easy.

Don't do contracts through free-loading, cowboy agencies.

Work directly for clients, like a proper business would.

It's done wonders for me for the last 14 years!

HOW? I hear you ask. Well, if you have talent, a modicum of business sense and some interpersonal skills (rather than paper MSCEs etc.) then no problem.

A bit of cash to wine and dine doesn't go amiss.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Always working from home - proper office as well. Since 2004.

Mmmmm, minimal Schedule E.....

Leave a comment:

• wantacontract
    replied
    working from home !!!

just got to be good!!

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    How do you guys land up work from home contracts.
    My clients always want to see me working in office to make sure they get their money's worth.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Working from home as always.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Not today but will be on Friday.

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied
    Yup! Working from home!!

Leave a comment:

• Fishface
    replied
    I am working from my winter home in sunny Latin America with a daily telecommute to Japan.

Back to blighty soon though

Leave a comment:

• Billy Pilgrim
    replied
    Not today unfortunately...but took it to the extreme yesterday by working from bed ;-)

Nothing much going on so set messenger and email up to make a great big noise if someone tried to contact me - and had a bit of a kip ;-)

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    Ah, Saga. School bus went past their Seabrook office.

Home today being kept company by son #2. I've just checked his code back in and will try it out this afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Good luck sock.

I'm working at home today, although it is mostly waiting around for some documents to arrive.

Hurry up!

Leave a comment:

• VinnyB
    replied
    Over 30s can get their car insurance from oldandconfused.com, I did.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    I'm actually in the pool that comes with the villa somewhere near Puerto Rico on Gran Canaria. Laptop wrapped in a transparent 'sharps' bag borrowed from a medical research project I was on many years ago for just this very purpose.

threaded in "think ahead, get a hat" mode

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    In the office but could have stayed home as no other bugger turned up.

Heading home at lunch time!
    The permies at my current site are all on the working from home gig which means I'm often on my own in the offcie and surprise surprise they are temporarily unavailable if you need to ring them. I've put a bid in for a company laptop to be able to provide "valuable support from my home location" like the rest of them !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X