• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "22 years / Scotland qualify"

Collapse

• LondonManc
    replied
    Football. Oy vey.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    Yeah that's right. What is England's success rate?
    England have been in eight penalty shootouts at major international tournaments (World Cup and European Championship), losing six and winning two.

25% win, it isn't great.

qh

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    From memory, we beat Spain in Euro96 (I was there) and Colombia in Russia 2018 (I wasn't there). We tend not to do so well against Germany and Portugal. Hey ho...

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    To be fair, the last England-Scotland game I went to was the play-off 2nd leg for the Euro 2000 finals at Wembley (the old version). You beat us 1-0, which would normally have been the cause of a week-long party in Glasgow, except we won the first leg 2-0.
    In short, there's no such thing as an easy game against Scotland, and you know both countries are going to grind to a halt when that match happens. I just hope I have a smug face on at the end...
    I used to go to the home internationals back in the day, weekends at the old Wembley and then the game played on the Wednesday night that Ted Croker thought would stop the Scots from travelling. It just gave us more time to drink pre-match ?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    I think needing to win to reach the finals would qualify as a useful stage? :P
    To be fair, the last England-Scotland game I went to was the play-off 2nd leg for the Euro 2000 finals at Wembley (the old version). You beat us 1-0, which would normally have been the cause of a week-long party in Glasgow, except we won the first leg 2-0.
    In short, there's no such thing as an easy game against Scotland, and you know both countries are going to grind to a halt when that match happens. I just hope I have a smug face on at the end...

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    Let's see if you can to the stage where that might actually be useful...
    I think needing to win to reach the finals would qualify as a useful stage? :P

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Could that be something to do with your lot being so crap they can only kick the ball when it's not moving?

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    100% success rate in penalty shootouts
    Could that be something to do with your lot being so crap they can only kick the ball when it's not moving?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Belgium 2-0 England: England fail to qualify for Nations League finals - BBC Sport
    England deliberately lose to some Belgians to give Scotland false hope...

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Now they have to get out of the group stage, never been done before.

qh

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Let's see if you can to the stage where that might actually be useful...

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Covid restrictions mean that they'll be skipping the 90 mins and deciding all group games with penalty shoot outs.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    I was watching this game, not bothered who won, but when Serbia scored in 90th minute I though, Christ that is cruel as they'd done well up until then.

Seems like they are decent at a penalty shootout.

Fair play to them, 22 years is a long time and my parents used to live in Gourock, I like Glasgee and big fan of the tatty scones. And one fish supper could feed about four people.

Can't fecking stand bagpipes though.

qh

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Is it that long since Scotland embarrassed themselves in a tournament? They're in the same group as England, I see. Oh goody...
    Covid restrictions mean that they'll be skipping the 90 mins and deciding all group games with penalty shoot outs.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    ha ha

Scotland secures place in Euro 2020 finals - watch as Finnieston street erupts in celebration - Glasgow Live

Leave a comment:

Working...
X