• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Oil or Powder?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Oil or Powder?"

Collapse

• DS23
    replied
    inevitably. someone's got to pay for it.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    1/ legislate

2/ give free portions of powder to pensioners in the next budget

3/ mass mailing to all households explaining the choices
    4. new taxes?

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    What would you have the government do?
    1/ legislate

2/ give free portions of powder to pensioners in the next budget

3/ mass mailing to all households explaining the choices

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    This thead started with a perfectly decent question - and now this silliness.

I simply mentioned that I enjoyed reading such posts - I certainly did not expect some kind of Spannish inquisition.

Why doesnt the Government do something ?
    What would you have the government do?

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    This thead started with a perfectly decent question - and now this silliness.

I simply mentioned that I enjoyed reading such posts - I certainly did not expect some kind of Spannish inquisition.

Why doesnt the Government do something ?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Neither of those links explains anything.

Surely the powder is just going to mix with sweat and end up as a smeary paste?
    There is only a sprinkling of powder - just enough to reduce friction between hand and skin. Obviously oil better - but most men dont want to hang round and shower afterwards - they just want to leave before the reality sinks in!

So I am told.....

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Neither of those links explains anything.

Surely the powder is just going to mix with sweat and end up as a smeary paste?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    My favourite was the banana club though - the girls dance naked and you offer them tips of paper money. These are "snatched" from your hand(if you get my drift).
    Umm, a prehensile snatch

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I am still not sure what the oil or powder options are all about?
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...er-thread.html

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/638287-post17.html

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    They did not offer the powder option then.....
    Nope, they didn't...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Bangkok is hilarious like that - when we were there last year, the girls would try to accost my dad and my brother despite them being with us
    We were lucky though, the road to our hotel had lots of massage places that were genuine (or seemed to be!).

The place we stayed in Ko Samui had it's own spa and they did an aloe vera aftersun massage which was the equivalent of about £5 - perfect after a day on the beach
    They did not offer the powder option then.....

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    It was a posh looking place on a street just off one of the main streets in the centre of Bangkok (the streets themselves were full of places with names like pussy-palace). An escalator led upstairs (no henchmen or seediness encountered) to a large room circled by a large glass screen separating you from maybe 50 girls in rooms on the other side of the glass. I think the girls wore numbers, and I vaguely recall some kind of 'menu' and perhaps a reference to what you got up to beyond that on the menu was between you and the girl. I found it quite embarrassing and didn't want to catch any lurgies, so I just had a quick gander and left. At some point in the day I had also been waylaid in the street by a monk who explained what bad places the massage parlours were, but there were some proper places to get a massage which were better. I don't recall what he said now, but he was pleasant enough and I didn't give him any money.

Is Amsterdam like that? (I've seen the single paned glass fronts).

Bangkok is hilarious like that - when we were there last year, the girls would try to accost my dad and my brother despite them being with us
    We were lucky though, the road to our hotel had lots of massage places that were genuine (or seemed to be!).

The place we stayed in Ko Samui had it's own spa and they did an aloe vera aftersun massage which was the equivalent of about £5 - perfect after a day on the beach

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    It was a posh looking place on a street just off one of the main streets in the centre of Bangkok (the streets themselves were full of places with names like pussy-palace). An escalator led upstairs (no henchmen or seediness encountered) to a large room circled by a large glass screen separating you from maybe 50 girls in rooms on the other side of the glass. I think the girls wore numbers, and I vaguely recall some kind of 'menu' and perhaps a reference to what you got up to beyond that on the menu was between you and the girl. I found it quite embarrassing and didn't want to catch any lurgies, so I just had a quick gander and left. At some point in the day I had also been waylaid in the street by a monk who explained what bad places the massage parlours were, but there were some proper places to get a massage which were better. I don't recall what he said now, but he was pleasant enough and I didn't give him any money.

Is Amsterdam like that? (I've seen the single paned glass fronts).
    It may have changed since I was last there (10+ years ago) but there are some streets with girls in the windows. If you like a girl you knock on the door and negotiate.

My favourite was the banana club though - the girls dance naked and you offer them tips of paper money. These are "snatched" from your hand(if you get my drift).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X