• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Apparently my passport expired"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    longer than that for me, but i can still hear 'the old fenian gun' when i think about the place
    Did you ever go to KK McCool's in South Tottenham. Very much a Donegal and Trinidad pub, where the old Trinidadian men would mutter to each other about the young locals, "Man it is not like back in Donegal".

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    It's nearly 25 years since I was there.
    longer than that for me, but i can still hear 'the old fenian gun' when i think about the place

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    If you can forget it, you were never in it for long
    It's nearly 25 years since I was there.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    I'd forgotten the Archway Tavern!
    If you can forget it, you were never in it for long

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Interesting article here for history buffs:

The fire that destroyed all Irish records - the myth and the reality

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    or just buy one in the Archway Tavern, like everybody else does.

all profits go to the cause.
    I'd forgotten the Archway Tavern!

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    That's the problem, can't confirm where he was born. There are no living relatives to provide further details. The info I do have on him has not enabled the authorities to find anything.

A local genealogist was useless. Just took the research I'd done and repeated it back at me.
    Typical contractor.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
    You don't need to find it. If you know his date of birth and place of birth you can apply for it online most likely or call the local registration office if not. There should be a process to get a replacement.
    That's the problem, can't confirm where he was born. There are no living relatives to provide further details. The info I do have on him has not enabled the authorities to find anything.

A local genealogist was useless. Just took the research I'd done and repeated it back at me.
    Last edited by ladymuck; 10 September 2020, 20:32.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    or just buy one in the Archway Tavern, like everybody else does.

all profits go to the cause.

Leave a comment:

• jayn200
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I haven't!

I couldn't find my granddad's birth certificate. No-one can find it, it seems.
    You don't need to find it. If you know his date of birth and place of birth you can apply for it online most likely or call the local registration office if not. There should be a process to get a replacement.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by jainnode View Post
    i've got an irish passport, as have half the feckin planet.
    I haven't!

I couldn't find my granddad's birth certificate. No-one can find it, it seems.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    nope.
    For once you're right. It is beyond your limited mental capabilities to figure this out.

Leave a comment:

• jainnode
    replied
    But you're still a pathetic ALM. Go figure.
    nope.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    But you're still a pathetic ALM. Go figure.

Leave a comment:

• jainnode
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X