• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Covid-19 - other viruses are available"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    A least one clot in the leg, and several in the lungs. She's in ICU on blood thinners. She's feeling better with every passing moment, and the risk of sudden death is steadily decreasing - which is nice.

Kids hey? Who'd have 'em? Even when they're adults. And not yours. They take years off your life!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    She's in pretty good spirits. Her baby (8 weeks old now) is with her. She is scheduled for a CT scan at 3pm today.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Hope she will be fine!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Ah sorry to hear that - best wishes for a speedy recovery

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    It is, and to be fair, the doc did do an x-ray and there was then no evidence of a clot.

If she had to stay in for a while, it's five minutes drive from where I live. Twenty minutes for my son.
    Lend him your car!

On a serious note, hope she's Ok.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    It is, and to be fair, the doc did do an x-ray and there was then no evidence of a clot.

If she had to stay in for a while, it's five minutes drive from where I live. Twenty minutes for my son.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Thanks. They now suspect a pulmonary embolism. So she's in the right place.

So far diagnoses were :
    Trapped nerve in ribs
    Flu

Funnily enough, PE matches both. But medicine is still much more an art than a science.
    An Emergency Medicine doctor I work with described it as a differential diagnosis decision tree.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Wishing her the best, matey.
    Thanks. They now suspect a pulmonary embolism. So she's in the right place.

So far diagnoses were :
    Trapped nerve in ribs
    Flu

Funnily enough, PE matches both. But medicine is still much more an art than a science.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    My daughter in law has been admitted into hospital. ������
    Wishing her the best, matey.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    My daughter in law has been admitted into hospital. ?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Kung Flu?

Watch it, she can put an arrow in a fly's eye at one hundred yards, from a galloping horse.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I told my son it was a rectal test and we all had to stick our arses out the car window and get a swab.

2 hours of "daddy is only joking".

Then he gets a pipe cleaner battered up his nose.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    how come to test for Covid they have to stick a swab through your nose to the back of your throat while alledgedly a single droplet can infect an entire village? Load of bollocks to me
    You are talking through your arse - better pray you don't get any symptoms, because your test is going to be extra painful.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Turns out the week previously, my daughter's oriental archery tutors had it. Which means my daughter is a superspreader (symptomless) . At least this flu doesn't kill.
    Kung Flu?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Turns out the week previously, my daughter's oriental archery tutors had it. Which means my daughter is a superspreader (symptomless) . At least this flu doesn't kill.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X