• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Stay at home protect the NHS....No mass gatherings"

Collapse

• Scoobos
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Lockdown is over,innit. Has been for a couple of weeks.
    That's the sad truth and I struggle to understand how anyone can think otherwise, they undermined the whole thing.

Half of me thinks its on purpose, after reading the PM speech PM speech in Greenwich: 3 February 2020 - GOV.UK

Dominic is a great spin doctor after all, and it does seem strange he wasn't fired.

I'm not even sure that there are enforceable laws in for most of the "guidance" they issued.

That said, some of these protesters got me spitting blood - "Racism is a pandemic" , well, no its a serious problem that needs addressing, but Covid-19 is a very real and very "this minute" issue.

ALL lives matter.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Don't blame me that you're an onanist.
    If my being an onanist involved you in any way then I’d have an inneresting marriage...

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Not sure I'm comfortable with where you're going with this...
    Don't blame me that you're an onanist.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Oh I see. So your posting is just because if makes you all excited and then gives you a bit of relief. That's nice.
    Not sure I'm comfortable with where you're going with this...

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I'm not going to blame anything on anyone. Just going to watch the numbers. I'm actually quite enjoying the fact that people are ignoring the social distancing thing and protesting like corona just isn't relevant or even a thing anymore.

Oh I see. So your posting is just because it makes you all excited and then gives you a bit of relief. That's nice.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    So you are going to blame it on a few protesters rather than people rushing to sit on beach near each other, businesses/food production being open where social distancing isn't possible, people travelling on crowded public transport, carers who go to multiple premises, prisons, mental hospitals and other places where staff can't wear PPE.
    I'm not going to blame anything on anyone. Just going to watch the numbers. I'm actually quite enjoying the fact that people are ignoring the social distancing thing and protesting like corona just isn't relevant or even a thing anymore.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Of course he is. If the cause were something he agreed with, instead of being triggered by, he'd be all for it.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I'm going to be very interested to see what happens with the infection/death numbers and 'second wave' after these protests.
    So you are going to blame it on a few protesters rather than people rushing to sit on beach near each other, businesses/food production being open where social distancing isn't possible, people travelling on crowded public transport, carers who go to multiple premises, prisons, mental hospitals and other places where staff can't wear PPE.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    I'm going to be very interested to see what happens with the infection/death numbers and 'second wave' after these protests.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    I don't like the BLM movement but I've found a reason to whine about it that signals my virtue.
    Well done!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Let them protest. If the disease wants the disease takes, or something like that. I'll protest from the safe confines of the keyboard.
    The problem is that the protestors themselves may not be at much personal risk, but they are likely to be exacerbating a public health crisis.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Let them protest. If the disease wants the disease takes, or something like that. I'll protest from the safe confines of the keyboard.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    I prefer renowned academics than populist ex-comedians, but I'll give him a watch. May I ask if you're a POC or just speaking on our behalf?
    YouTube

I speak on behalf of myself - after all this is the internet.

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenBastard
    replied
    I prefer renowned academics than populist ex-comedians, but I'll give him a watch. May I ask if you're a POC or just speaking on our behalf?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    No need to watch some Thomas Sowell just watch some Trevor Noah.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X