• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "UK's 14-day travel quarantine - nonsense"

Collapse

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Someone can come from Spain or Italy and spend 5 days holiday in the Lake District however someone from London can't. What a total ******* balls up by the UK government....
    Even worse, all USA diplomatic staff and those serving and connected with US Bases in the UK are exempt being 32,000 including diplomats. So if they remember to drive on the correct side of the road, they can still get you with Covid-19.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Someone can come from Spain or Italy and spend 5 days holiday in the Lake District however someone from London can't. What a total ******* balls up by the UK government....

Leave a comment:

• Excursion UK
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Part of me thinks it's a bit late
    And now they're introducing the compulsory wearing of face masks on public transport. It's complete and utter insanity.

Glad I don't have to use buses at the moment as I have a claustrophobic condition and the wearing of a face mask would be unbearable.

I don't like the new normal - I want the old normal back!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    You're an odd little fellow; aren't you?
    You are not the first person to notice this....

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    They also have to get from the airport to where they are meant to quarantine....

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    It's nonsense because of the exclusions...
    Coronavirus (COVID-19): travellers exempt from English border rules - GOV.UK

Then we have the Cummings clauses:

...they must not go to work, school, or public areas, or have visitors unless they need essential support... They are also not allowed to go out to buy food or other essentials where they can rely on others.
    So it's OK for "essential support" and also if they can't "rely on others" - then they can go to Durham/Barnard Castle, etc as they are essential journeys to go to people you can rely on.

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Late? Yes, but it would be moronic to have such high cost of suppressing virus (which isn’t done yet but at least trends there) and still allow unchecked seeding from other parts of the world where it is and probably will be rampart for some time
    You're an odd little fellow; aren't you?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Is that 99.99999% part of you?

Or is it 1% thinks it's a bit late, 99% say it's very late?
    I hadn't really analysed it that far

Mostly very late but there is value in restricting movement as it's hard to enforce where people are actually coming from - a canny person could move around quite freely (for a given value of freely) by taking advantage of which countries are accepting visitors from where. The nationality on your passport means nothing.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Late? Yes, but it would be moronic to have such high cost of suppressing virus (which isn’t done yet but at least trends there) and still allow unchecked seeding from other parts of the world where it is and probably will be rampart for some time

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    The brain part

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

Is that 99.99999% part of you?

Or is it 1% thinks it's a bit late, 99% say it's very late?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Nonsense part is only that it is not going to be strictly enforced in designated facilities

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    started a topic UK's 14-day travel quarantine - nonsense

UK's 14-day travel quarantine - nonsense

What’s everyone’s holiday plans ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Working...
X