• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Immigration

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Immigration"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Remember this for the future:

On Wednesday the foreign secretary Dominic Raab said the UK was prepared to pay the price of a free trade deal with China. “Us extending the UK BNO passport holder offer to come to the UK in the way that I have described is not contingent on a free trade deal or anything like that.”

“We wouldn’t allow that to get in the way of us living up to our responsibilities as a matter of principle both for moral reasons and international standing.”

So no Chinese trade deal: China warns the UK to prepare for 'substantial damage' to the economy over Hong Kong | Daily Mail Online

Which leads to this: Ministers plot to allow chlorinated chicken and other poor-quality US imports in to UK supermarkets | Daily Mail Online

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Of course. Then after they've bought them I will support a deportation order.
    Again, you've grown soft. That will be a mercy after buying in Swindon.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    You've really grown as a person over the years. Now you care about whether they like buying them.
    Of course. Then after they've bought them I will support a deportation order.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    They can buy my BTL portfolio, and then I can finally retire a rich man!

I love the idea of millions of immigrants, as long as they like buying crapholes in Swindon at inflated prices.
    You've really grown as a person over the years. Now you care about whether they like buying them.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Idiotic! Those from HK would probably be useful people in general, given that success of migrants tends to reflects that of the country they come from. But, seriously, how could we cope with another 3 million given the current pressures on housing, transport, utilities, our environment, green spaces etc.
    They can buy my BTL portfolio, and then I can finally retire a rich man!

I love the idea of millions of immigrants, as long as they like buying crapholes in Swindon at inflated prices.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    If PRC is triggered by the UK offering British nationals in Hong Kong a path to citizenship, they could always retaliate by offering British citizens a path to PRC citizenship.
    Chinese passport got that extra non-extradiction value, their tax system probably has not caught up with “loans” too
    Last edited by AtW; 4 June 2020, 06:35.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Hong Kongers will vote Conservative.

1) They will be grateful.
    2) They are natural pro-capitalism/free-market/small-state types.

He's doing what the left has been doing for years as they import benefit claimants.

Neither position is honourable but this is what they are doing - neither to our benefit.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    China should call Uk bluff and send 3M trouble makers back to uk

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    If PRC is triggered by the UK offering British nationals in Hong Kong a path to citizenship, they could always retaliate by offering British citizens a path to PRC citizenship.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Apart from the fact that the only people who can get this offer are older people, those born before Hong Kong was given back. This means a lot of older people coming over to put more strain on the UK's already over burdened health and care sector. Boris really hasn't thought this one out, along with interfering in a sovereign nation...
    Sovereignty comes from the people, not from a bunch of tyrannical thugs running a one party state. The only Chinese leader with democratic legitimacy is President Tsai Ing-wen of the Republic of China.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
    yup absolutely the type of hardworking people this country needs
    Apart from the fact that the only people who can get this offer are older people, those born before Hong Kong was given back. This means a lot of older people coming over to put more strain on the UK's already over burdened health and care sector. Boris really hasn't thought this one out, along with interfering in a sovereign nation...

Leave a comment:

• mrdonuts
    replied
    Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
    i'd quite welcome innovative, hard working, free market orientated Hong Kongers
    yup absolutely the type of hardworking people this country needs

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    They are going to clean your old bedsit?
    You can't prove I have any connection with AtW's corporate landlord Oude Joris Holdings (Aruba) Inc.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I'll move back to the English West Midlands when the miasma of stale kebab meet with squirrel jizz sauce disperses.
    They are going to clean your old bedsit?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Remember this for the future:

On Wednesday the foreign secretary Dominic Raab said the UK was prepared to pay the price of a free trade deal with China. “Us extending the UK BNO passport holder offer to come to the UK in the way that I have described is not contingent on a free trade deal or anything like that.”

“We wouldn’t allow that to get in the way of us living up to our responsibilities as a matter of principle both for moral reasons and international standing.”

Leave a comment:

Working...
X