• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bishops bashing Cummings"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    Wrong religion. The bit at the back is ours.
    So this is some weird kind of fake Christianity that ignores the Old Testament? Certainly not the C of E then.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Surely a key lesson from the Bible is that the Prophets (religious leaders) should hold the Kings (executive) to account?
    Wrong religion. The bit at the back is ours.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    Our local parish church congregation is 100% leave, patriotic and like Boris*.

The Church of England clergy seems to be having a race with senior BBC management to see who can make themselves completely redundant the quickest.

* excepting me as I know Boris from his London Mayor days.
    Surely a key lesson from the Bible is that the Prophets (religious leaders) should hold the Kings (executive) to account?

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Our local parish church congregation is 100% leave, patriotic and like Boris*.

The Church of England clergy seems to be having a race with senior BBC management to see who can make themselves completely redundant the quickest.

* excepting me as I know Boris from his London Mayor days.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Not as good as the "Gay sex splits bishops" headline of many years ago.
    If that was genuinely in the Graun, I doff my cap Sir.
    Now, I must put Google to work proving its authenticity and then hastily delete my internet history (again)...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    It's the closest you'll get to a 'Sun-style' headline in the Graun.
    Not as good as the "Gay sex splits bishops" headline of many years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    "Bishops bashing Cummings". Is that a new chess move?
    It's the closest you'll get to a 'Sun-style' headline in the Graun.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I'm sure HMQ, who is head of the Church of England, can have a quiet word with the bishops and tell them to pull themselves together and stop behaving like sanctimonious twats.
    I think she already has

Coronavirus: Bishops get death threats over Cummings criticism - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I'm sure HMQ, who is head of the Church of England, can have a quiet word with the bishops and tell them to pull themselves together and stop behaving like sanctimonious twats.
    Spoken like a true authoritarian.

Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    "Bishops bashing Cummings". Is that a new chess move?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    started a topic Bishops bashing Cummings

Bishops bashing Cummings

Bishops turn on Boris Johnson for defending Dominic Cummings | Politics | The Guardian

Working...
X