• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Quad bikes

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Quad bikes"

Collapse

• GigiBronz
    replied
    if money is a concern get something second hand off ebay.
    You won’t be worried if you give it some beating.
    Also, look it up for each model, they may have scooter/motorbike engines, see how much is to replace one and how easily it can be found.

Don’t count on warranty especially if you plan on doing things to it...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    If you buy the Chinese crap you deserve the thing to topple onto you.

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    Does anyone know much about these?

Options appear to be new Quadzilla @ c3.2k, new Honda @ 10k, or ancient Honda at 2k.

Now I am going to assume the the Quadzilla's are Chinese tulip, but with front & rear towbars + a winch installed I am leaning towards them, as all I need to do is tow the garbage bins on a trailer to the main road 1.5 miles away + a little boat down to the river.

With a 3 year warranty on the Quadzilla's, I am struggling to justify the outlay on the Honda & depreciation over the three year warranty period of the Quadzilla.

I was thinking of throwing a tow bar on the Mini Cooper Convertible I bought on eBay for 139 quid, but I have fallen in love with the thing. Ansolute hoot on country roads 30 mph feels like warp speed.
    Some "Chinese tulip" are sometimes much better than the big name stuff. I might be able to beat the £3.2k but it will be a Chinese import. I have seen some quad bikes on the database from time to time. How quick do you need it? Let me if you know if you want me to have a quick hunt. There are issues getting stuff out of China by ship, but things are slowly (slower than a civil servant taking a dump, slow) returning to "normal"*.

*Depends on a combo of product, producer, region of production, ship & shipper, destinations etc

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    started a topic Quad bikes

Quad bikes

Does anyone know much about these?

Options appear to be new Quadzilla @ c3.2k, new Honda @ 10k, or ancient Honda at 2k.

Now I am going to assume the the Quadzilla's are Chinese tulip, but with front & rear towbars + a winch installed I am leaning towards them, as all I need to do is tow the garbage bins on a trailer to the main road 1.5 miles away + a little boat down to the river.

With a 3 year warranty on the Quadzilla's, I am struggling to justify the outlay on the Honda & depreciation over the three year warranty period of the Quadzilla.

I was thinking of throwing a tow bar on the Mini Cooper Convertible I bought on eBay for 139 quid, but I have fallen in love with the thing. Ansolute hoot on country roads 30 mph feels like warp speed.

Working...
X