• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone considering bouncing back ..."

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    WifeCo has only been trading since March. But I've seen how to provide projections from Dragons' Den....

Q: How long have you been trading?
    A: 7 years
    Q: how many have you sold?
    A: 104
    Q: How many will you sell this year?
    A: half a million

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Ploptimus View Post
    Can I apply for one? Since CV19 I am getting too much business that I have to turn it down or do a lower quality job, adversely affecting my business' reputation.
    That's the key phrase there...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Talking of which, I saw a UK registered monstrosity driving past today - PR11AWN, royal blue Range Rover (true story: https://cartaxcheck.co.uk/free-car-check/?vrm=PR11AWN ). It struck me as exactly the sort of tat you would buy if you could afford to.
    Landwind X7 - Wikipedia

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I like to know which £70K german wonderwagon you contractors are buying next with all the tax money you save.

Talking of which, I saw a UK registered monstrosity driving past today - PR11AWN, royal blue Range Rover (true story: https://cartaxcheck.co.uk/free-car-check/?vrm=PR11AWN ). It struck me as exactly the sort of tat you would buy if you could afford to.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    You got a live one dim. Reel him in...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Shackattack View Post
    If you;re not a contractor why are you on here.
    I like to know which £70K german wonderwagon you contractors are buying next with all the tax money you save.

Leave a comment:

• Ploptimus
    replied
    Can I apply for one? Since CV19 I am getting too much business that I have to turn it down or do a lower quality job, adversely affecting my business' reputation.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
    If you haven't completed your first year you're allowed to use estimated turnover. No guidance on how to calculate but I'm sure most would just take ytd turnover / ytd days * days in year but that might be disingenuous if you've been in contract for your entire YTD but I'm sure you could justify it to HMRC if required especially with lack of guidance.
    They will do a basic check on your account to confirm income - job done

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• jayn200
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    In the serious thread on the topic it suggests you can only borrow up to 25% of turnover which seems to contradict the idea this could be of use to very new companies and self employed people without accounts.

If you haven't completed your first year you're allowed to use estimated turnover. No guidance on how to calculate but I'm sure most would just take ytd turnover / ytd days * days in year but that might be disingenuous if you've been in contract for your entire YTD but I'm sure you could justify it to HMRC if required especially with lack of guidance.

Leave a comment:

• Shackattack
    replied
    Really that bothered about Tax Payers Money

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Not content with paying almost no tax already, you IT Contractor types now want interest free loans backed by the tax-payer. You have no shame...
    If you;re not a contractor why are you on here. Also it's a loan backed by the government not using government money.

If you're that bothered about tax money let's talk

Transport, subsidies and bailouts Billions
    NHS, contractors paid to none tax paying companies Billions
    Richard Brnason suing NHS
    Right to buy cheap quality property creating untold wealth to property developers Billions
    Privatization cost to public Billions
    Academies Billions
    Brexit Billions
    DUP Bribe Billions
    HS2 Billions

The Tory Party is a great party it's just that none of you are invited to it.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    In the serious thread on the topic it suggests you can only borrow up to 25% of turnover which seems to contradict the idea this could be of use to very new companies and self employed people without accounts.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Super easy, free money pay all credit cards off

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    I think he said they'd had it confirmed by lenders that using to loan to restructure existing debt WAS acceptable.
    If you've racked up credit card debt due to loss of income, this is especially valid.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    This message is not endorsed by the sky fairies.
    You'll note we're in general. Are you saying (in language used by 12 year olds on Facebook) only religious people have morals and ethics?!

Last edited by d000hg; 6 May 2020, 12:38.

Leave a comment:

• elsergiovolador
    replied
    Hard to see how that would be the case. It WOULD be a terrible shame if a significant number of contractors get done for fraud though.
    Having a business that provides certain type of services will be essentially illegal in all but name and government will give unfair advantage to companies that support the party via donations who will take over the work.

Businesses should use the loans to build a legal challenge against the government.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    50k - one could buy another BTL for that! 100% loan-backed purchase, what could go wrong!
    This message is not endorsed by the sky fairies.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X