• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "At last decent snow"

Collapse

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Cactus
    I personally would have done, however it was an organised stag do that was booked in the summer for January.... 13 of us went out so we just got pi$$ed instead. Although it was 8.50 euros for a vodka and coke and £4 for a Pint of Lager.

Meribel is due to have 30 to 40cm dump of snow in the next 24hrs.... so if anybody is looking for somewhere to go....

http://www.merinet.com

If you're following the snow then a decent site to track conditions etc... http://www.snow-forecast.com
    If I've learned a lesson after 15 years of chasing snow, including a couple of season, it's don't believe it till it's actually fallen ...

A better, and more honest, site for snow conditions is our very own british ski slub. www.skiclubuk.co.uk - just register (Not join) and you'll have access to their snow reports section. First class and comprehensive.

Leave a comment:

• Cactus
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi
    Thats why its best not to book in advance, follow the snow and get a last minute deal into the bargain, I've had some my best holidays that way.
    I personally would have done, however it was an organised stag do that was booked in the summer for January.... 13 of us went out so we just got pi$$ed instead. Although it was 8.50 euros for a vodka and coke and £4 for a Pint of Lager.

Meribel is due to have 30 to 40cm dump of snow in the next 24hrs.... so if anybody is looking for somewhere to go....

http://www.merinet.com

If you're following the snow then a decent site to track conditions etc... http://www.snow-forecast.com
    Last edited by Cactus; 23 January 2007, 10:13.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Off to Fernie next week - they got a 2.5M base and it's snowing faster than people can rip it up ;-)

Did a season out there a few years ago, can't wait to go back to the world's 2nd best resort (kicking horse took top spot after a visit last year).

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    "Follow the snow, Luke, follow the snow".

<ZG in ObiWan mode>.
    I didn't even have to use my jedi powers to work that one out... I hear 'Hoth' is quite snowy at the moment!

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Cactus
    Just came back from a 4 day stag do in Meribel - 3 Valleys - France.... Not snowed there since 4th January, if you're a novice Skier or novice snowboarder... avoid it at all costs!

4 Day trip cost me, near on £1000 after Lessons (before going), accom, beers, flights, and food, and not any fresh snow to be seen.
    Thats why its best not to book in advance, follow the snow and get a last minute deal into the bargain, I've had some my best holidays that way.

Leave a comment:

• Cactus
    replied
    Just came back from a 4 day stag do in Meribel - 3 Valleys - France.... Not snowed there since 4th January, if you're a novice Skier or novice snowboarder... avoid it at all costs!

4 Day trip cost me, near on £850 after Lessons (before going), accom, beers, flights, and food, and not any fresh snow to be seen.

Oh yeah plus 2 days less to invoice for as well! Gutted!
    Last edited by Cactus; 22 January 2007, 12:41.

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    just been sledging

Milan.
    I think he's actually been cottaging.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    just been sledging

Milan.

Is that similiar to dogging?

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    Mugging people on a train is called steaming. Sledging is chirping at batsmen!
    oops

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by bobhope
    Still none here at 600 metres above sea level. The pictures of the ski slopes ('mud fields') near here are really sad.
    Where are you bob? 600 metres doesn't seem very high to me - the hills next to Edlesborough where I live are 600 metres.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by MrsGoof
    I'm confused .

You need snow to mug people on a train?
    Mugging people on a train is called steaming. Sledging is chirping at batsmen!

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    Still none here at 600 metres above sea level. The pictures of the ski slopes ('mud fields') near here are really sad.

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    I'm confused .

You need snow to mug people on a train?

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    started a topic At last decent snow

At last decent snow

just been sledging

Milan.

Working...