• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "1984 - Govt is going to track everybody, doomed!"

Collapse

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Is "razzing" legal? Accept in Norfolk where it is compulsary....
    It's very important to preserve the purity of the gene pool .

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    I'm leaving my smartphone at home as an alibi while I'm out razzing around the country lanes with my unregistered PAYG sim phone.
    Is "razzing" legal? Accept in Norfolk where it is compulsary....

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    I'm leaving my smartphone at home as an alibi while I'm out razzing around the country lanes with my unregistered PAYG sim phone.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Turn off mobile data when you go a-wandering. Simples. Or leave your phone at home.

Honestly, you lot. Call yourselves techies?
    YouTube

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    Turn off mobile data when you go a-wandering. Simples. Or leave your phone at home.

This - I get so many jeers and looks of scorn from the 'newbies' at my work for saying "hold on, while I turn on location services" - then they'll be concerned when they read about privacy issues.

I don't think people understand that you're giving consent to be tracked by consuming these services for free.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Or use an 18-year old nokia with an untraceable PAYG sim.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Whatever happened to 1G service eh?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Turn off mobile data when you go a-wandering. Simples. Or leave your phone at home. Honestly, you lot. Call yourselves techies?
    Turned off phone (with battery inside) is still trackable...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    That’s intentionally done to make you feel relaxed - on reality they know your location in real time up to 30 sm by using chip in your head...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    [rant]

If they're going to do that then they need to work on the accuracy of their Location Service.

All too often it used to think I was teleporting about 20 miles away or would like to show the weather in my location, that location being somewhere in central Europe when I was on the Heathrow Express somewhere between Paddington and Heathrow.

I am constantly having to correct and update my Google Timeline because it simply can't fathom where I am even if I am doing the same home - work - home trip multiple times a week.

And! I don't trust anything they say about privacy.

[/rant]

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Google are already tracking you: COVID-19 Community Mobility Reports

Leave a comment:

• krytonsheep
    replied
    UK data
    https://www.gstatic.com/covid19/mobi..._Report_en.pdf

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    started a topic 1984 - Govt is going to track everybody, doomed!

1984 - Govt is going to track everybody, doomed!

“ Google to track travel habits during pandemic
    Google is to publicly track people's movements over the course of the coronavirus pandemic, so that the information can be used by public health officials and others to help manage the outbreak.

The tech firm will publish details of the different types of places people are going to on a county-by-county basis in the UK, as well as similar data for 130 other countries.

The plan is to issue a daily update with the figures referring back to activity from two or three days prior.

The company has promised that individuals' privacy will be preserved.

The readings are based on location data gathered via the Google Maps app or one of the firm's other mobile services.

They will be broken down to reveal how busy some places have been, compared to a period earlier in the year before lockdowns were introduced.”

Coronavirus: US daily deaths reach new peak - BBC News

On it’s just Google, that’s fine then

Working...
X