• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Best Facemasks and HandSantizers"

Collapse

• rogerfederer
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    and the point of masks is??
    As I mentioned in my posts: to care for those with the virus or suspected or having it. Otherwise there isn't much purpose in wearing one - best saving the masks for those who are affected.

At this time of year it may often be just a very bad cold or genuine flu, but as it appears to be working its way westwards it seems silly not to be even slightly prepared.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Who was that Masked Man?

YouTube

Silver bullets kill werewolves too!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Ocado still seems to have plenty of stock so no need for me to venture outside to interact with humans in an actual shop.
    Ask for lazy robot from Planet Express to deliver it!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    To qualify for an open-casket funeral ...

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Ocado still seems to have plenty of stock so no need for me to venture outside to interact with humans in an actual shop.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    The only mask left in local shop

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    100,000 kcal of food per person and 300 units of alcohol per adult is the aim.
    Get your down your local South Asian food shop. Big bags of rice, chana dal etc. 5 litres of sunflower oil. Spices. Rice and dal. Lovely.

Then 5 litres of extra virgin olive oil, big bags of pasta. Loads of passata or tinned tomatoes. Lovely.

Got a bread maker? Make sure you have ingredients. Check out some use by dates on halloumi, parmesan cheddar, butter.

UHT milk, long life fruit juice.

Tins of whatever takes your fancy.

Multi vitamins.

Then your non food of course.

Leave a comment:

• hairymouse
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    Same here but that happened in London over 2 weeks ago!. Plenty of people silently prepping around here.
    I waited until today because I heard face masks didn't make all that difference and figured there was an ethical issue with people like me buying boxes of face masks and letting them sit around when there is no current threat in my area. Changed my mind today and there was nothing left.

I was more surprised at the lack of hand sanitizer in Tesco. Not a bit left. I think when the people who aren't paying much attention find out that others are prepping, the poo is going to hit the fan in a big way. They are going to go NUTS on Tesco and then start fighting each other.

Remember a few years back when there was flooding and people were fighting in the street over bottled water?

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
    I guess I'm late to the party because my local Wickes was entirely sold out. Tesco was completely out of hand sanitizer as well.
    Same here but that happened in London over 2 weeks ago!. Plenty of people silently prepping around here.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Per Day? Do you want to look like MF?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
    I guess I'm late to the party because my local Wickes was entirely sold out. Tesco was completely out of hand sanitizer as well.

No joke, I bought a bunch of canned goods today just in case we are stuck in the house for weeks.

Leave a comment:

• hairymouse
    replied

No joke, I bought a bunch of canned goods today just in case we are stuck in the house for weeks.

Leave a comment:

• rogerfederer
    replied
    Answer from the Scottish Government. Didn't expect to receive a response:

Masks certified to FFP3 (or FFP2 as a minimum). Plenty of 3M options out there, so I'll opt for those.

Leave a comment:

• rogerfederer
    replied
    'Virii'? What are they when they're at home?
    A tongue in cheek reference to the IT sector love of the word as the incorrect plural of 'virus'.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X