• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "View from your desk...."

Collapse

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by MrsGoof
    get head
    give head

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    A drawf unlocks a door, comes into the room, throws an axe at you, then leaves & locks the door again.

The axe takes your head off.
    get head

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by expat
    In one contract in Switzerland I could see across Lake Geneva to the French side, with Mt Blanc in the distance (One side in Italy, so 3 countries from the desk).
    I've spent some time working there too, and indeed, the views were fantastic. The call center room had a huge window looking on to the mountains.

Unfortunately I spent most of my time there in either the server rooms (2 levels below ground) or the meeting/conference rooms.

Still, I'd love to go and work there again.

Leave a comment:

• LordF
    replied
    Originally posted by stackpole
    Floodlit is it?

I can see streetlights if I lean over by the window, but mainly I can see my reflection.

Which is nice.
    No - Its not floodlit, no need for it during the day.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    I tried turning on the light, I tried going in both directions. Clue?
    wall

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    The door is locked
    I tried turning on the light, I tried going in both directions. Clue?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Can't see anything out of my home office window coz of the blinds, but out of my back bedroom window I can see 80 yards of my back garden, a canal, a river, a marsh and the hills the other side of the valley... it's all very green.
    Are you going to break into a verse of "How green is my valley"?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Go South
    The door is locked

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Nothing

They don't let us in IT have windows too dangerous!

At home I can see the top of the ash tree and the firs in the distance, at the far distance (on the other side of the park) we have a row of 1960's semis.

I like this

Only seven months out of the last twenty-six have seen above average rainfall (these were October 2005 108%, May 2006 176%, September 2006 133%, October 2006 127%, November 2006 126% and December 113%)

so, we need consistent above average rainfall to supply enough water then?

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Originally posted by LordF at 21:21
    My road, nice leafy and lovely detached houses, I am at the end of a cul-de-sac and have a lovely view as I sit here searching & applying for my next contract.
    Floodlit is it?

I can see streetlights if I lean over by the window, but mainly I can see my reflection.

Which is nice.

Leave a comment:

• LordF
    replied
    My road, nice leafy and lovely detached houses, I am at the end of a cul-de-sac and have a lovely view as I sit here searching & applying for my next contract.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman
    I can see nothing now as it's dark.

In daylight however, I can see my garden, stretching away towards the 'folly' (a semi-walled courtyard area with a grape vine).

To the right is the orchard, and ahead and beyond, the mature woodland of my neighbour's property.

I can't see another house or another person - which is fine by me.
    That sounds like Threaded speak. Rough translation:

In daylight however, I can see my garden, stretching away towards the 'folly' (a semi-walled courtyard area with a grape vine).

Means I can see the bird bath in my tiny back yard.

To the right is the orchard, and ahead and beyond, the mature woodland of my neighbour's property.

There is manky apple tree sapling in the backyard and my neighbour has two trees in their garden

I can't see another house or another person - which is fine by me

I can however see the other council tower blocks, but no people as it is too dangerous to venture outside.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    This week my office mostly looks like a fire.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    I can see nothing now as it's dark.

I can't see another house or another person - which is fine by me.

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_
    I have an absoluting stunning view from my desk. It really is incredible. I go all weak at the knees everytime I catch glimpse of it.

Yes, I sit opposite a mirror.
    If I did that, I'd turn myself to stone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X