• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Happy Rat

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Happy Rat"

Collapse

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
    Indeed. It would be a nice touch if a latter day plague turned up today.
    Both bubonic and pneumonic plagues are still out there. Thing is we are descended from people who survived it

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    rat with a good PR person....
    is rat a tree, rat?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    oh, - is rat right?
    well, fancy rat.

rat with a good PR person....

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Its the name of a car that has been crashed into a wall.
    oh, - is rat right?
    well, fancy rat.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    a squireel ? is this another welsh thing ?

is it a dance?
    Its the name of a car that has been crashed into a wall.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    I was chatting to admin last night. Wondering why I left for a week. Thanks for reminding me.

A shame I have to keep returning to CUK for the fight against HMRC.

Anyway, there is a squireel nearby waiting to nibble your nuts.....
    a squireel ? is this another welsh thing ?

is it a dance?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by ATwat View Post
    Some drivel
    I was chatting to admin last night. Wondering why I left for a week. Thanks for reminding me.

A shame I have to keep returning to CUK for the fight against HMRC.

Anyway, there is a squireel nearby waiting to nibble your nuts.....

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Has the double posting "feature" returned?
    What do you mean?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Brillo’s got it - mods quarantine him with perm ban!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Has the double posting "feature" returned?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Rat-on-a-stick - Wikipedia

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I doubt that it is quite the same as plague. I’m working remotely with Russian and Chinese colleagues, the Chinese are fit as fiddles while all the Russians were off sick last week with vodka.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Spreading quite quickly, people dying. Yeah, no reason at all to try and contain it.

No idea what the incubation period is but, if it's as little as 24-48 hours, that's a long distance you can travel in that time and a lot of people you can come into contact with before you start suffering/showing symptoms.

I'd rather err on the side of caution myself and am grateful the Chinese are this time sharing information about the virus to help other countries know what to look for.
    A typical flue like virus only needs one virus to be breathed in before attaching itself to the lung/s. It will multiply 1000 fold in 12 hours. Symptoms show in 24 hours by which time it has already spread. Furthermore, symptoms show that the immune system is working. A person with with a weak immune system may feel ok and then pop their clogs without notice.

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    Am I the only one wondering why the Chinese have reacted so strongly to this outbreak? Quarantining 53 million people? WTAF? What is REALLY going on on the ground over there?

Spreading quite quickly, people dying. Yeah, no reason at all to try and contain it.

No idea what the incubation period is but, if it's as little as 24-48 hours, that's a long distance you can travel in that time and a lot of people you can come into contact with before you start suffering/showing symptoms.

I'd rather err on the side of caution myself and am grateful the Chinese are this time sharing information about the virus to help other countries know what to look for.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X