• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "death penalty for thieves..."

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Earth killer! Death sentence is too good for 'im.
    Best of all it is a 2004 model. So really dirty. Probably even more dirty than NLyUK.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Do you mind! I recently doubled the worth of my car. I filled it with diesel....
    Earth killer! Death sentence is too good for 'im.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    They’d get more time for carrying a screwdriver without cause than they would for stealing plates worth more than your car.
    Do you mind! I recently doubled the worth of my car. I filled it with diesel....

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Got the plates replaced at Halfords. They had to be glued on - the plates were ripped off and the threads of the screws messed up.

Can thieves not even operate a screwdriver now?
    They’d get more time for carrying a screwdriver without cause than they would for stealing plates worth more than your car.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Gammon signalling at its finest.
    How are things in plastic-paddy-land? Had much snow?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Once you report it as a crime then you may be asked by your local plod to make your number plate distinctive - I stuck black tape over the EU flag that was on my number plate. Two birds one stone.
    Gammon signalling at its finest.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I suggest being handcuffed and thrown into a Manchester canal.....
    Bloody... ah, never mind.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Got the plates replaced at Halfords. They had to be glued on - the plates were ripped off and the threads of the screws messed up.

Can thieves not even operate a screwdriver now?

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    A proper post on reply #5! Usually I have to wait until reply #10 for sense.

One numpty even posted the same comment twice.

I wish there was a mod who could delete the noise.

And I have changed my mind about death penalty. I suggest being handcuffed and thrown into a Manchester canal.....
    The Manchester Sh!t Canal?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Once you report it as a crime then you may be asked by your local plod to make your number plate distinctive - I stuck black tape over the EU flag that was on my number plate. Two birds one stone.
    A proper post on reply #5! Usually I have to wait until reply #10 for sense.

One numpty even posted the same comment twice.

I wish there was a mod who could delete the noise.

And I have changed my mind about death penalty. I suggest being handcuffed and thrown into a Manchester canal.....

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    What kind of contractor has a "battered old car"

NCOTBAC
    I am permie now. Massive salary, healthcare, sick pay, etcetc.

Cars always get scratched in car parks and such like. I never worry where I leave the car. And when I cut people up they never want to go anywhere near it - they don't want to damage their precious "penis extensions".

It generally attracts little attention Until now.....

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    ... who steal number plates from battered old cars.

No sign of crime use yet - I expect a flood of letters from tfl etc. soon.

All instances of my number plate will get pulled over by ANPR over the next 3 months - including me. Little chance of police being on the road these days.

At first I thought I would have to get the car recovered to Wales. Then that I would need registration document sent down. It seems Halfords will accept a photo/scan - as I have been a good customer for 12 years.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    ... who steal number plates from battered old cars.

No sign of crime use yet - I expect a flood of letters from tfl etc. soon.

All instances of my number plate will get pulled over by ANPR over the next 3 months - including me. Little chance of police being on the road these days.

At first I thought I would have to get the car recovered to Wales. Then that I would need registration document sent down. It seems Halfords will accept a photo/scan - as I have been a good customer for 12 years.
    What kind of contractor has a "battered old car"

NCOTBAC

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Bloody liberal.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I don't support the death penalty. Just pay back the taxes you owe.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X