• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Shylock was Jewish?"

Collapse

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Can you summarise that? When it comes to art and literature I have an attention span of 10 seconds....
    When it comes to art and literature I have an attention span of 10 seconds.
    you and me too!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Ten minute Othello here.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    The Moors got their comeuppance with the astutely observed Othello.
    Can you summarise that? When it comes to art and literature I have an attention span of 10 seconds....

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Just thank your lucky stars that Shakespeare didn't call the character Mohammed rather than Shylock.
    The Moors got their comeuppance with the astutely observed Othello.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    Shakespeare was a genius who understood the human condition and the stories we tell to justify our condition like no other before him.

Almost every film or story can be condensed into one of his plays, or at least part of it.

It is a testimony to his talent that he can still be controversial today. Despite the fact that those making these accusations are morons, of course.
    Sadly I have to agree with that. I am a philistine.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Shabbat Shalom

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Shakespeare was a genius who understood the human condition and the stories we tell to justify our condition like no other before him.

Almost every film or story can be condensed into one of his plays, or at least part of it.

It is a testimony to his talent that he can still be controversial today. Despite the fact that those making these accusations are morons, of course.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Just thank your lucky stars that Shakespeare didn't call the character Mohammed rather than Shylock.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    FTFY - Don't confuse
    Whoa there!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Clacton Labour candidate quits over 'Shylock' comment - BBC News

I thought Shylock just referred to a greedy money lender?

Wore a deer stalker hat and lived in Baker Street?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    What about "double dipping"? Is that outlawed now?
    No accountant consultations?

Leave a comment:

• Amanensia
    replied
    They didn't come for the Israelis last time.
    They had a good go in 1973.

Didn't do too well, mind.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    FTFY - Don't confuse Jews and Israelis
    They didn't come for the Israelis last time.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Which you clearly didn't...
    Its a fair cop! I was forced to sit in the classroom. I would have been thinking about maths.

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I enjoyed most of Shakespear - rude, funny. And what teenage boy didn't enjoy watching Zeffirelli's Romeo and Juliet?
    Can girls not enjoy it? I have not studied it - as a teenager or since. But I saw West side story once.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    <joke>
    Well they're not going to come for the
    Israelis again, not now they've got Nukes!
    </joke>
    FTFY - Don't confuse Jews and Israelis

Leave a comment:

Working...
X