• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weekend Thread - whats happening ?"

Collapse

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by Benny View Post
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Benny
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    I always cringe when I read about people doing DIY extensions – likely as I know what could go wrong!
    I suppose it’s just too much of a busman’s holiday for me

But I wish you straight walls, no settlement & a successful project.
    Sometimes you pro's get it wrong!

Building Collapse In New Orleans; 1 Dead, 18 Injured, 2 Trapped | The Daily Wire

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    I always cringe when I read about people doing DIY extensions – likely as I know what could go wrong!

Cheers, but it's about as straight forward as an extension can be (not that it stops it being a real challenge for me). We're sand after a few hundred mm, and the old one managed without any foundations whatsoever for many decades!

And, of course it's all BCO monitored - to be honest, I suspect I'm being more cautious than your average yellow pages builder.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    No, I used engineering bricks as I had some lintels for drainage to deal with, and a sloping garden so I didn't want to risk exposing the blocks later.

But the rest is block and render, so it was also my one chance to do some brickwork!

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by Benny View Post
    Did you use foundation blocks below ground? they seem an easy and quick way to get up to ground level
    No, I used engineering bricks as I had some lintels for drainage to deal with, and a sloping garden so I didn't want to risk exposing the blocks later.

But the rest is block and render, so it was also my one chance to do some brickwork!

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Just back from my 2nd funeral this week, so also gin o’clock

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    TFA

Probably watching all sporting events I can.

Grinding federation ranks on elite dangerous so I can get the Corvette.

Apart from that as little as possible.

Leave a comment:

• Benny
    replied
    You're not wrong! I'll be honest, I'm about to start the superstructure and the novelty of doing it all myself has worn off a little. Just hope I can get the walls up at a decent pace now
    Did you use foundation blocks below ground? they seem an easy and quick way to get up to ground level

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied
    we're off to a great start, currently sat in A&E for 4 hours and counting

my typical 16 hour fast has stretched out to 19.5hours and i'm bloomin' starving

kids party tomorrow, missus doing a half marathon on sunday

bring on monday for some rest

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    TFA,

A busy one:

Tonight off meeting friends
    Sat AM - lasting the current shoe project
    Sat PM - other friends over for dinner
    Sun AM – Chores
    Sun PM – Playing the new version of 7 days to Die with BGG

Hope you all have good ones

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Shudda got lego blocks. Laying them is kid's stuff.
    You're not wrong! I'll be honest, I'm about to start the superstructure and the novelty of doing it all myself has worn off a little. Just hope I can get the walls up at a decent pace now

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Looking for flights to somewhere sunny

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    TFA

Getting a large order of blocks delivered for my house extension, so got some logistical faffing to try and get them near-ish the actual build. Also got a grab wagon coming at some point, so lots of moving crap around.

Then, if the weather is nice, lay some blocks I guess.

Shudda got lego blocks. Laying them is kid's stuff.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    TFA

Getting a large order of blocks delivered for my house extension, so got some logistical faffing to try and get them near-ish the actual build. Also got a grab wagon coming at some point, so lots of moving crap around.

Then, if the weather is nice, lay some blocks I guess.

Leave a comment:

• VirtualMonkey
    replied
    Billionaire Boy at the theater on Saturday and then 'Marvel Live' in Sheffield on Sunday. Fun packed weekend

Leave a comment:

Working...
X