• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lloyd’s / Bank of Scotland / Halifax - IR35 choices"

Collapse

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Just heard that all the contractors that work via outsource company sapient within Lloydes have all been determined as Outside ir35

So scrum teams will be

Sapient employees
    Contractors via sapient outside
    Contracts doing same job as Sapient contractors inside ir35

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Lloyd’s / Bank of Scotland / Halifax - IR35 choices

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
    I'm glad this was posted in General.

You're an absolute fanny. You regularly post nonsense - I can see why you're on the bench, you're an idiot. It's the likes of you who won't be doing well from 2020 onwards, as nobody will wish to hire you. Congrats. Enjoy your £30k perm IT job. Fool.
    Thanks [emoji4] made me laugh

Looks like all what I posted is true after all [emoji4]

I don’t work in IT - can I get a £30K perm IT job?

Leave a comment:

• rogerfederer
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Lloyd’s will throw you under a bus and say you were inside IR35 no one will remember any of your guff above when HMRC come calling

I'm glad this was posted in General.

You're an absolute fanny. You regularly post nonsense - I can see why you're on the bench, you're an idiot. It's the likes of you who won't be doing well from 2020 onwards, as nobody will wish to hire you. Congrats. Enjoy your £30k perm IT job. Fool.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Lloyds Bank

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Lloyd’s will throw you under a bus and say you were inside IR35 no one will remember any of your guff above when HMRC come calling
    You still haven't answered the question above to back up the points you made. I guess people will just have to make up their own mind whether the whole of your fabricated, not just the bits you admitted to. I'd add the above to the list as attentions seeking.

Leave a comment:

• BABABlackSheep
    replied

Game set and match..good night

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BABABlackSheep
    replied
    All the contractor BA’s I’ve worked with at Lloyd’s (over 30) would struggle to be outside IR35, as they do exactly same jobs as the perms

What made you outside?

Just because they have the job title of someone else there. Means nothing.

How about these differences...

Hours(number of) working were different. 40 vs 36.5
    Could work from any location I wanted including home office when I wanted.
    Didn't conduct staff training(apart from H&S and regulatory)
    Enforced Xmas Break
    Enforced Summer Break(didn't have this, but believe its been brought in for all contractors)
    Substitution clause in contract
    Unable to use staff car parks
    No other staff perks
    No internal reviews, no set 1-2-1's, no task setting, just working with a PM, no D+C.
    No client paid jollies
    No need(or exclusion) to go to internal staff meetings
    Clearly labelled contractor everywhere
    Use of own equipment apart from secure laptop.
    Different internal processes for contractors access to premises(elapsed times)
    Different process times for system access
    No access to corporate systems from my own equipment unlike employees who could
    Working on different projects in different locations.

Probably a few more, but I can evidence the above.

Same for everyone I knew there. I worked in change/transformation and not BAU teams. If you have people there sitting with permies day in day out on something like a helpdesk then I still think they are safe, but might struggle more with set hours and D+C, but that's up to them to determine their own status. No idea if those teams even had contractors tbh, mainly saw others in one off transformation projects, mainly as a result of the Lloyds/Halifax merge.
    Last edited by BABABlackSheep; 27 September 2019, 16:49.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
    What do you mean "claimed outside"?

Firstly, I've been a BA there, and as I posted and you ignored, I can assure you my contract was reviewed as outside, as all lloyds contracts that I know were checked were found to be. Again as posted, working practices there in the teams I worked for where very much different for contractors and permies.
    All the contractor BA’s I’ve worked with at Lloyd’s (over 30) would struggle to be outside IR35, as they do exactly same jobs as the perms

What made you outside?

Leave a comment:

• BABABlackSheep
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    For an example of his "quality", see here. Although this was at least amusing:

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...oo-tastic.html
    Oh that's much better.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    For an example of his "quality", see here. Although this was at least amusing:

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...oo-tastic.html

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
    No idea why this poster is trying to stir things up.
    Russian troll?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    You did not answer the question, just accepted you made one bit up and downgraded the other bit from 100K+ contractors to 30K+ contractors.

Has Lloyds assessed these inside and told HMRC as such, as you stated?
    I wouldn't take GhostofRussia seriously. He's one of our village idiots and/or a troll.

Leave a comment:

• BABABlackSheep
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    I happened to catch up earlier this week with a perm who still works within LBG - he's not anywhere near close to the IR35 decision makers, but in his area at least, all contractors will be gone by the end of the year.
    "Almost" all. I know a guy there who is one of a hand full they are keeping on. He doesn't yet know the terms of the arrangement.

I suppose telling people to leave is better than working somewhere they decide in April 2020 to blanket people inside IR35 or make them go brolly because the contractor workforce is too big to determine 100% every single person's status.

Leave a comment:

• BABABlackSheep
    replied
    Look on HIVE if still at Lloyd’s all the data is published, plus the chaps who have extrapolated since day of dawn, and published the excel in HIVE also

Example, someone who had a BA role 10 years ago and claimed outside (£450 a day) now owes £180k on just one year alone due to interest and peneltys

Yes the ‘kickback’ was sort of BS, but not really the bank gets major brownie points for shopping all theses tax dodges

The 107854 is roles also, so probably a 1/3 of that unreal terms

What do you mean "claimed outside"?

Firstly, I've been a BA there, and as I posted and you ignored, I can assure you my contract was reviewed as outside, as all lloyds contracts that I know were checked were found to be. Again as posted, working practices there in the teams I worked for where very much different for contractors and permies.

As I previously referred to, give me a single example where a contractor has lost an IR35 case where the company they work for has said "Contractors go away for 4 weeks over xmas. Permies you can keep working whenever."? IR35 is to catch disguised employees and make them pay PAYE/NI tax, HMRC can crack on if they try and get that one past a judge. It's not evidence of D+C before someone says, its a clear differentiation of workforce practices.

Your massive figures even if your making them mostly up will include all the WiPro and TCS outsourced guys of whom many are employees of those companies but class as contractors.

So, stop trying to wind up those 100,000 lol people, and if you've worked at LBG before, relax. No idea why this poster is trying to stir things up.

If you work there now, then won't be much of an issue as apparently they are getting rid of almost all of the contractors as its been posted here. They might say umbrella only to the few they keep, else through outsourcing they will find their workforce imho

Leave a comment:

Working...
X