• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Waiting for the End of World"

Collapse

• interested
    replied
    that leaves 1.5 billion or so left. If we built a giant CentreParcs type building to shield the UK population we could top the medals table at the London Olympics that year

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy
    You say that like its a bad thing. It'll sort out the housing crisis anyway.
    Well - it just goes to show there is a silver lining to every cloud !

Would also cut down on hospital waiting times too.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    Over 4.5 Billion people could die from Global Warming-related causes by 2012
    You say that like its a bad thing. It'll sort out the housing crisis anyway.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead
    Have the Mayans got it right then?

http://www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html
    Oddly enough when I mentioned this article to a friend last night he mentioned that the date 2012 coincides with the Mayan apocalypse of 2012 -
    strange stuff indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    What about Giant Alien Lizards, demons, and Xoggy things?
    They will take over, and use the remaining humans as their minions HTH

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    As long as the 4.5 billion include all the Scottish,Welsh & Australians
    ...sorry - forgot to include the Irish

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    But think of the smell of 4.5 billion rotting corpses...
    As long as the 4.5 billion include all the Scottish,Welsh & Australians

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    4.5 billion are toast - leaving a substantial and sustainable couple of billion behind, sounds like a good result to me - bring it on.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    A few years ago some scientists predicted that the melting of Greenland's glaciers would cause the Gulf stream to stop because it would upset the convection currents. Some scientists even suggested after a cold winter a couple of years ago that this was already happening. Now it turns out, after an unusually mild autumn (destroying the previous theory of the stopping gulf stream) that the gulf stream is actually caused by the rotation of the earth.

The fact is, a scientist spent some years on Hawai measuring CO2 levels and the average temperature and noticed a correlation, between the rise of both.

As far as I'm aware this is the only sensible contribution to the global warming debate.

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    They used to say the Earth was flat. What do these so-called self-styled "scientists" know eh?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    If this is the case, it is reassuring, why...., because for most of the Earth's history there hasn't been polar caps. That means this methane, which certainly hasn't been produced by man must have been floating around. Since in earlier times Earth didn't turn into Venus, the calculations must be wrong, and therefore the assumptions based on how gases contribute to global warming are probably exagerated.

In any case there was a much higher concentration of CO2 in the armosphere at the time of the dinosaurs, when the world was covered in luscious forests, and indeed it was this high concentration that led to plants changing the atmosphere.

I must say I think there are good scientific arguments but some scientists and activists just enjoy scaremongering. I think these people would have been puritans in the 17th century.

Leave a comment:

• PerlOfWisdom
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown
    Alf .. can't you just post a summary ... too much to read at this time of the night mate...
    Doomed!!!! Doomed I tell you!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Alf, you reckoned the world was going to come to an end last year. Iranian oil bourse or some other conspiracy theory wasn't it?

AJP is Old Mother Shipton and I claim my fiver.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Have the Mayans got it right then?

http://www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html

Leave a comment:

• The Master
    replied
    More to the point, what effect will this have on house prices?

In any case, Tony Blair said "science" will sort it all out and in the meantime keep on rocking and paying your green taxes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X