• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: OMG

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "OMG"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    .. Though I think society's problems stem from too many snowflakes and articles like this that encourage them. ..
    Exactly! Typical young people probably don't give two hoots about most of those points, and the article is just some sanctimonious twit listing what she thinks they should be concerned about.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Wait did you just say that?
    Yes

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    His account was hacked.....
    By my wife

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    FFS, what a bunch of earnest prigs!

Unless someone said to their partner, "Please remember to wake me tomorrow at 6am, or I'll miss my plane!", and they woke up at 8 to find their partner lying next to them smoking a ciggy and having forgotten!
    I think the word woke has been taken to mean something new. Like bonking. When I was young that was quite rude. Now it means something else.

From the article. "millennials say they will not enter a relationship with an individual that is unaware of society’s problems. " Though I think society's problems stem from too many snowflakes and articles like this that encourage them.

Send them all up chimneys what what.....

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    1. Not being "woke" enough

2. Smoking cigarettes

:::
    FFS, what a bunch of earnest prigs!

Unless someone said to their partner, "Please remember to wake me tomorrow at 6am, or I'll miss my plane!", and they woke up at 8 to find their partner lying next to them smoking a ciggy and having forgotten!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dogs Bollocks View Post
    and I though this was a thread relating to the Object Management Group

OMG | Object Management Group
    I thought it related to Admiral Lord Fisher

Fisher is credited by the Oxford English Dictionary with the earliest known use of the phrase "OMG" as an abbreviation for "Oh my God", in a letter of 9 September 1917

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    His account was hacked.....

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Don't see these as specific to millennials. Been a fair few years since I was last dated, but with the exception of 5 and 8 the rest would have been relationship killers for me too even 30 years ago. And the only reason 5 and 8 didn't is because they were not relevant back then

The millennials are really not that special

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    If you're not careful, I'll make you a cappuccino
    His wife only allows him cappuccino on Wednesdays....

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Calm down dear!

And while you're calming down, cup of tea please, the usual!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Calm down dear!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    All seems above board. Especially the debt business, major turnoff.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Apparently you have to be careful about when you get naked for the first time in a relationship.

I really should stop doing that in the park....

At least not without a nice bottle of wine....

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Boo hoo. Relationships take work and you either put in some effort or you can eff off.

No need for a click-bait "10 things that" type article stating the bleedin' obvious for the hard of thinking.
    Apparently you have to be careful about when you get naked for the first time in a relationship.

I really should stop doing that in the park....

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Boo hoo. Relationships take work and you either put in some effort or you can eff off.

No need for a click-bait "10 things that" type article stating the bleedin' obvious for the hard of thinking.
    Calm down dear!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X