• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "State of the Market (another take)"

Collapse

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    How is that a risk?
    He might survive?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Within a fairly narrow band of dimwittery though. With scootie, there's the insurance risk that he'll slip on his own dribble.
    How is that a risk?

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    But good to see there's still a contract market for cockwombles.
    Within a fairly narrow band of dimwittery though. With scootie, there's the insurance risk that he'll slip on his own dribble.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Give the pimp a break. He'd been given the brush-off all day, spotted your CV and needed a laugh.
    But good to see there's still a contract market for cockwombles.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Totally blows me away they can make those offers with a straight face. After living costs it's practically slavery!
    Give the pimp a break. He'd been given the brush-off all day, spotted your CV and needed a laugh.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    you'd hate SE england, too, - try manchester or wales?
    He's only got the Thistle Hotel Heathrow to go by, so of course he does.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Ireland is an awful place. Definitely don't come here, scoots.
    you'd hate SE england, too, - try manchester or wales?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    It's much better since you left. Kindly stay the **** away!
    Ireland is an awful place. Definitely don't come here, scoots.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Much better you say? When I left.. houses were cheaper, living costs manageable, fewer food banks, a functioning government, the list goes on and on.

Scotland were made to toe the line, we've voted to leave the EU.

Yep. Things are a lot better.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Much better you say? When I left.. houses were cheaper, living costs manageable, fewer food banks, a functioning government, the list goes on and on.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    You make it sound the place I left will still be the same place on my return.
    It's much better since you left. Kindly stay the **** away!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    why you coming back and looking for a pay rise?

You make it sound the place I left will still be the same place on my return.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Agents from the UK call me up 2-3 times a month with serious offers, usually England based jobs with rates circa in 2005.

Totally blows me away they can make those offers with a straight face. After living costs it's practically slavery!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Wait until the end of the year

why you coming back and looking for a pay rise?

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    but we don't have any local experts (willing to work for £12K) an its more difficult to avoid tax if you pay someone in the UK.
    Wait until the end of the year
    Indeed. Rates are already in a tailspin in Scotland with FTC the new norm. It's looking pretty bleak for the year ahead, so I'm pretty glad to have squirrelled away whilst the sun was shining.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X