• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone working through Hays at the moment?"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    I've done projects for them here, always been treated respectfully, always got good rates, agents worked to get extensions, agent rang up or visited quite often and took us out for meals. Never really had a problem with them, maybe it's just Hays UK...

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I worked through them a few years ago - the client company puled the plug on the project and served notice to all the contractors. A few months later I got a call from the pimp asking how the contract was going. Not exactly switched on!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I'm starting to think that there might be something rotten in the state of Denmark CUK Reader Awards

ContractorUK Reader Awards 2018: winners list and quick summary
    Yes, we all had a chuckle when we saw the results, and then we realised NAT was up to his left nipple in cheap chardonnay, and the penny dropped.
    Hays: If you're unlucky, you may end up using them once.
    If you're crap, you may have to use them twice.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I'm starting to think that there might be something rotten in the state of Denmark CUK Reader Awards

ContractorUK Reader Awards 2018: winners list and quick summary

Best Recruitment Agency

Winner: Hays IT

Leave a comment:

• Anonimouse
    replied
    I wouldn’t, bunch of crooks.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    Shagged one of their agents when I contracted through them, she was great in the sack. It was the only positive thing about the whole experience.

Mostly it was Hays ******* me. As has been said before, Hays are the Hitler youth of the recruitment industry. It is a factory.
    Sadly I didn't get that particular memo. But Hays are basically sh!te. If they merged with Wipro, nobody would notice the difference.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Anyone working through Hays at the moment?
    As above, need a quick question answered

Did I hear Purple Haze man?

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Looking for a sidekick....?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    I think he's looking for someone in "Good Standing".
    What does that matter. For 50 quid I'll make him sound like he's the best coder that ever lived.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You can use me as a reference.
    I think he's looking for someone in "Good Standing".

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Shagged one of their agents when I contracted through them, she was great in the sack. It was the only positive thing about the whole experience.

Mostly it was Hays ******* me. As has been said before, Hays are the Hitler youth of the recruitment industry. It is a factory.

More Mitch Sullivan here

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    You can use me as a reference.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Nope.
    I always knew you were useless, thanks for confirming it

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Nope.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    started a topic Anyone working through Hays at the moment?

Anyone working through Hays at the moment?

Working...
X