• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is liberalism obsolete?"

Collapse

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    What's your gut feeling on that one?
    Just found it funny and peculiar, that he directly asked me two questions and then responds like he does, when I post the answers...

still I guess it's par for the course with that level of special

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Bean View Post
    You asked the question.

Should I have ignored you instead?
    What's your gut feeling on that one?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Because it looks like a thinly veiled ad-hominem attack,... but you don't do that

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Comments do not need to be "aimed at" anyone.

You know, sometimes it's possible to play the ball, not the man. It's possible to debate and discuss ideas without attacking individuals.

...but sometimes responses perfectly illustrate the point being made, eh?
    What 'ball' did you play exactly with the following post;

Originally posted by WTFH
    Is school out for summer?
    The youth wing of the National Farage/Neil Front/Nigel Fromage fan club been let out again.
    Or were you not referring to your own post and/or you were just philosophising in general?
    (Because it looks like a thinly veiled ad-hominem attack, with no idea discussion/debate whatsoever...so it may be possible, but you don't do that)

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Thanks for sharing your feelings.
    You asked the question.

Should I have ignored you instead?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Bless. My point is that, usually, anyone disagreeing with e.g. the transgender lobby is called a fascist and/or Nazi. However, you are correct that, this doesn't equate to someone disagreeing with anything someone else says. There are a few topics this happens with (and mainly in the USA): Trump, Wage gap, transgenderism.

I understood it, but just don't feel you're being genuine, hence my repeating. i.e. Why did you make post #58 at all, if you completely understood my answer in post #57, which had already answered the question to both post #56 & #58 ?

Perhaps you agreed with misunderstanding my post, but disagreed with being labelled special?

Perhaps it was the duplicate posting forum bug?

Perhaps it's simply a case of an older person repeating themselves?
    Thanks for sharing your feelings.

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Good boy, Bean. But what was the point in posting evidence that some people call some people Nazis, as an attempt to rebut my point?

Did you not understand my last answer? I kept it simple for you.
    Bless. My point is that, usually, anyone disagreeing with e.g. the transgender lobby is called a fascist and/or Nazi. However, you are correct that, this doesn't equate to someone disagreeing with anything someone else says. There are a few topics this happens with (and mainly in the USA): Trump, Wage gap, transgenderism.

I understood it, but just don't feel you're being genuine, hence my repeating. i.e. Why did you make post #58 at all, if you completely understood my answer in post #57, which had already answered the question to both post #56 & #58 ?

Perhaps you agreed with misunderstanding my post, but disagreed with being labelled special?

Perhaps it was the duplicate posting forum bug?

Perhaps it's simply a case of an older person repeating themselves?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Fascism is considerably broader than thuggishness and attacking journalists, bad as those things are. Regrettably the article doesn't address this and just...

...calls them fascists! Who'd have thunk it??

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Portland Antifa are the real fascists | Spectator USA

Interesting read...

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Ok let's debate and discuss the idea of "the youth wing of the National Farage/Neil Front/Nigel Fromage fan club"

What's your position on this 'idea'?
    You've not quite sussed how things work on here, have you?

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied

You know, sometimes it's possible to play the ball, not the man. It's possible to debate and discuss ideas without attacking individuals.

Ok let's debate and discuss the idea of "the youth wing of the National Farage/Neil Front/Nigel Fromage fan club"

What's your position on this 'idea'?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Who was your comment aimed at? The "name" being:

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Who exactly did I call a "name" in that post?

In that post I've not said any particular person on this thread is disabled mentally or physically, I've not quoted/misquoted or quoted out of context.
    Who was your comment aimed at? The "name" being:

youth wing of the National Farage/Neil Front/Nigel Fromage fan club

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Is school out for summer?

The youth wing of the National Farage/Neil Front/Nigel Fromage fan club been let out again.
    Ooh ooh - name calling! What perfect timing to illustrate the point being made.
    Who exactly did I call a "name" in that post?

In that post I've not said any particular person on this thread is disabled mentally or physically, I've not quoted/misquoted or quoted out of context.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I'll be running for office at this rate...
    With the current competition, I may vote for you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X