• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Can you wash a 'dry-clean' only suit?"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    Yep, I'm with Denny on this one - give it a go but only if you don't mind ruining it.

And was it by hand the first time, throw it in the washer the second.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack
    oioi SA!

Posher than the queen? I obviously didn't drink enough at the party. How're you keeping me 'ol mukka?

I think I'll PM you, else I'll get wrong off this lot for girly chit chatting!

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Yay - the xmas squirrel is back!!! I was beginning to think someone had knacked you for asking them if they were a nerd

And EO - get your lass to take them to the dry cleaners! She's in the house all day with nothing better to do ffs!!
    oioi SA!

Posher than the queen? I obviously didn't drink enough at the party. How're you keeping me 'ol mukka?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack
    Not in london it doesn't! Mine's twice that.

Yay - the xmas squirrel is back!!! I was beginning to think someone had knacked you for asking them if they were a nerd

And EO - get your lass to take them to the dry cleaners! She's in the house all day with nothing better to do ffs!!

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore
    Marillion

HTH

Fleetwood

If only I knew my naff 80s bands better, my life would be complete

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    Real contractors wear suits. Imagine the impression one gives by turning up to a gig dressed in a Marillian t-shirt and stonewash denim jeans (bloody chavs).

Marillion

HTH

Fleetwood

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown
    I wear suits all the time, only one of my contracts (the one in Holland) was casual wear . If you want the truth I find it easier to wear a suit, its an easy uniform, and for the girls you can dress up a suit to be really smart or semi casual (depending on tops /blouses / accessories used)
    I always find women in suits strangely erotic, especially with the frilly shirts...

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Real contractors wear suits. Imagine the impression one gives by turning up to a gig dressed in a Marillian t-shirt and stonewash denim jeans (bloody chavs).

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    I wear suits all the time, only one of my contracts (the one in Holland) was casual wear . If you want the truth I find it easier to wear a suit, its an easy uniform, and for the girls you can dress up a suit to be really smart or semi casual (depending on tops /blouses / accessories used)

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    Suits - how quaint !

Does anybody still have to wear them to work ?

You wont get me to swap my orange boilersuit for one of them suits !

can't remember the last time I wore a suit....hold one yes I can it was for the interview for this gig I'm on....the time before that was for the previous gig's interview....

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Suits - how quaint !

Does anybody still have to wear them to work ?

You wont get me to swap my orange boilersuit for one of them suits !

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by boredsenseless
    FFS - It costs 4.95 to get it dry-cleaned. And then you don't even have to do it yourself - you're a contractor you can afford it!
    Not in london it doesn't! Mine's twice that.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Sorry I seem to have wandered onto some kind of chav forum.
    IGMC.

Leave a comment:

• boredsenseless
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000
    Wife does it all the time in cold water. No noticable degradation - if any - at all. Mind you its a crap M&S suit. Wouldn't do it with my BOSS ones.
    FFS - It costs 4.95 to get it dry-cleaned. And then you don't even have to do it yourself - you're a contractor you can afford it!

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Wife does it all the time in cold water. No noticable degradation - if any - at all. Mind you its a crap M&S suit. Wouldn't do it with my BOSS ones.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X