• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Letter from Metropolitan Police"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    You? Facts? I don't think you're qualified.
    You don't think very much.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    If I were in a similar situation to your cognitive impairment, I would write a manifesto in green ink denouncing the 'globalist ' Feminazi police and send it to Cressida Dick.

If it were me, I would politely advise them of the facts of the case.
    You? Facts? I don't think you're qualified.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I arrived home from work to a letter from the Metropolitan Police with a "NOTICE OF INTENDED PROSECUTION"

Stating that "Under section 1 of the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988, we intend to take proceedings against the driver of the following motor vehicle for the offence alleged below:

Vehicle Make / Registration number: MERCEDES / MY VEHICLE REGISTRATION Number...

blah blah blah at 18:52 hrs on 26/04/2019 at A406, Edmonton, N18."

With a request for driver information and warning me that "This allegation can be supported by credible evidence in court."

Given that the weekend in question, my car was parked outside my house, the registered keeper's address in Manchester, do I respond saying "see you in court", or do I suck Police Cock and tell them that obviously somone has cloned my plates?

What would you do in a similar situation?

Bearing in mind that it is my intention to enjoy my day in court.
    If I were in a similar situation to your cognitive impairment, I would write a manifesto in green ink denouncing the 'globalist ' Feminazi police and send it to Cressida Dick.

If it were me, I would politely advise them of the facts of the case.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    You reckon the culprit is an Essex wide-boy with a spray on then?
    On the North Circular in Edmonton, nope.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I'm laying bets that the culprit has a better tan than myself.
    You reckon the culprit is an Essex wide-boy with a spray on then?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I knew eventually that once I'd changed my number plate on the Corsa to that of Spods, put on some high heel platform shoes, a fat suit & bald cap, while flicking the bird at every bus lane camera in London he'd eventually get a summons.

He'll never be able to prove it wasn't him
    Stick with your current plate. TWUNT1.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Of course he can.

I think Alexei might have been responding to you.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    You can fit into Corsa now?
    Of course he can.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I knew eventually that once I'd changed my number plate on the Corsa to that of Spods, put on some high heel platform shoes, a fat suit & bald cap, while flicking the bird at every bus lane camera in London he'd eventually get a summons.

You can fit into Corsa now?

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied

That's it then, I may as well cough to it!

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Personally I reckon getting a copy of the photo. Sometimes the make/model are not what the CPS claim - they get the details from the number plate, not from the photo.

What is slightly more difficult is when someone with same make/model clones your plate.

Either way, getting hold of the photo is important.

I do agree though - magistrates are on the side of the police.
    "What is slightly more difficult is when someone with same make/model clones your plate" - yes, but there may be some detail differences which might help in identification.

"Either way, getting hold of the photo is important" - absolutely, and it shouldn't increase your costs.

"magistrates are on the side of the police" I agree entirely. But my understanding is, and I stand to be corrected, you can't appeal a judgement from the Magistrate's court. So if the evidence in your favour is irrefutable, be careful of attending a magistrates' court, because they have been known to ignore evidence in favour of the accused and to the benefit of the police.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PhiltheGreek
    replied
    They allow posting to CUK from jail?
    Not any more. Exposure to Scooter's moronic tooting was determined to be 'cruel and unusual punishment'.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Will you keep us posted please?
    They allow posting to CUK from jail?

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    If the driver is Strawberry Blond will you concede defeat?
    I'm laying bets that the culprit has a better tan than myself.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X