• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "News at 10 to be 10 minutes shorter"

Collapse

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Had a long and hard day on the Buckfast I see
    Such a predictable bampot tae

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    yeh, we're not All deserters, sucking at the teat of the fatherland and crowing from afar about how Wunderbar we all are
    Had a long and hard day on the Buckfast I see

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Another pissed Scotsman, seem to be quite a few of them on here
    yeh, we're not All deserters, sucking at the teat of the fatherland and crowing from afar about how Wunderbar we all are

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I don't usually have an attention span longer than the headlines.

They tell you all you need to know, and the rest is generally a load of waffle.
    With an eye for detail like that, you too could be a journalist.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    anyermaw
    Another pissed Scotsman, seem to be quite a few of them on here

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Says the person who starts a thread there and the second post in said thread is the same person, strange that, isn't it?
    anyermaw

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    why don't you all just make general a subthread of B*****cks and be done with it?
    Says the person who starts a thread there and the second post in said thread is the same person, strange that, isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    why don't you all just make general a subthread of B*****cks and be done with it?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Brexit innit?
    Yeah. 10 minutes less gurning by the Bremoaners every day. Can't wait!!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Brexit innit?

It will only take so much time to announce new food ration limits

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    The BBC is to cut 10 minutes from News at 10 in order to appeal to a younger audience.

Seems like millennials don't have an attention span longer than 30 minutes, which coincidently is the same length as each soap episode....just saying!
    TLDR

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Imagine it

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

TL;DR

'Some old bloke meets some ghosts n changes his ways.'
    “This factory employer was quizzed on Christmas Eve, you’ll never guess what happened next!”

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    The BBC is to cut 10 minutes from News at 10 in order to appeal to a younger audience.

Seems like millennials don't have an attention span longer than 30 minutes, which coincidently is the same length as each soap episode....just saying!
    I don't usually have an attention span longer than the headlines.

They tell you all you need to know, and the rest is generally a load of waffle.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied

Not far wrong.

So many articles on the web will now show average reading time - often below 5 minutes

and the the annoying TL;DR - which generally means I have the attention span of a gnat and if I have to spend more than 5 minutes reading something someone else has wrote rather than talking about me I am not interested.

Imagine it

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

TL;DR

'Some old bloke meets some ghosts n changes his ways.'

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    started a topic News at 10 to be 10 minutes shorter

News at 10 to be 10 minutes shorter

Working...
X