• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Can I put a scooter (not a moped, a scooter) through my business?"

Collapse

• Lost It
    replied
    Would you need to put lolly sticks in the spokes to make it sound like a real scooter?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    If you get a desk near the front of the building you'll see a bloke that comes passed twice a day on one of these.

Must admit it does look pretty funky. Must be a pain when he gets in to town and has to lift it up and down the kerbs though.
    And funny as fook when he falls off.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
    Which is why one should cycle. Getting between pavement and road is easier.....

Yeah but there aren't enough electric scooter riders around to start hating them just yet

Leave a comment:

• GreenMirror
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Must be a pain when he gets in to town and has to lift it up and down the kerbs though.
    Which is why one should cycle. Getting between pavement and road is easier.....

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    No i fookin hate fookin hipsters!

(not really it's just Monday morning!)

If you get a desk near the front of the building you'll see a bloke that comes passed twice a day on one of these.

Must admit it does look pretty funky. Must be a pain when he gets in to town and has to lift it up and down the kerbs though.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Bomster1 View Post
    Cheer up you miserable git
    No i fookin hate fookin hipsters!

(not really it's just Monday morning!)

Leave a comment:

• Bomster1
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Why do you have a desire to look like a man child?

Can you not just walk?
    Cheer up you miserable git

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Hi all!

I am currently working on a project overseas, and getting around day to day is a bit of a nightmare! I'm going to buy one of these new electric scooters, and wondered if I can put it through my business? It genuinely would be w+e for business use, as I live in the countryside back home so no use for it there.

Xiaomi Mi Electric Scooter - Black

Thanks in advance!

T
    Why do you have a desire to look like a man child?

Can you not just walk?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    If your name is Scooter you can put anything through your business (even if it's a night at Feltham Angry Jocks Offenders Centre, aka The Thistle Hotel Heathrow), as long as you get a receipt.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by Benny View Post
    Far better to get yourself an R.V with a scooter on the rear
    Pah! INKSPE. Go big or go home....

Leave a comment:

• Benny
    replied
    Thanks for the response Scruff.

I actually drive over to Europe, so wouldn't be taking it any flights.

It would only be used when on project (getting around site, going out for lunch etc), but not sure if it counts as w+e for business use.
    You can claim for it - but there will be a BIK payment for any private use of it
    Far better to get yourself an R.V with a scooter on the rear - you can justify it as an alternative to staying in digs on your travels

Leave a comment:

• Bomster1
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    It's not possible to expense it if using it for travel to or from the Thistle Hotel Heathrow.

Leave a comment:

• Bomster1
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    You can put anything through your business technically, since you control your bank account.

Whether you can claim it as a tax deductible expense depends on whether it is wholly and exclusively for business purposes?

Taking them abroad can also be a problem, since airlines don't like to carry Li-Ion batteries above a certain size.

I'd buy it abroad if I was going to purchase one.
    Thanks for the response Scruff.

I actually drive over to Europe, so wouldn't be taking it any flights.

It would only be used when on project (getting around site, going out for lunch etc), but not sure if it counts as w+e for business use.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Hi all!

I am currently working on a project overseas, and getting around day to day is a bit of a nightmare! I'm going to buy one of these new electric scooters, and wondered if I can put it through my business? It genuinely would be w+e for business use, as I live in the countryside back home so no use for it there.

Xiaomi Mi Electric Scooter - Black

Thanks in advance!

T
    It's not possible to expense it if using it for travel to or from the Thistle Hotel Heathrow.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Does it need bleeding?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X