• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Gatwick Chaos

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gatwick Chaos"

Collapse

• GreenMirror
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Metro? Sister paper of the fail? I did read similar in the fail this morning - I assumed it was just the keystone cops.

Now about Dublin.....

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    So they've narrowed down who did it:
    Gatwick Airport drone attack 'was an inside job' | Metro News

Leave a comment:

• GreenMirror
    replied
    Thank goodness this can only happen in the UK,. No way would this ever happen in the EU. No Sir.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Bridges are now closing because of drones

Severn Bridge shuts after drone flown from the top - BBC News

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    TBF it sound like it shut because someone climbed up it to fly a drone, rather than because there was a drone.

Leave a comment:

• GreenMirror
    replied
    More chance of catching the Gatwick drone operators than catching the CUK malware operators.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Bridges are now closing because of drones

Severn Bridge shuts after drone flown from the top - BBC News

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    New primary suspect: Police drone

Gatwick drones: Sussex Police 'sorry' for arrested couple - BBC News

He admitted police drones launched to investigate could have caused "some level of confusion"
    The disruption was not caused by police drones, launched in response and only when the airport was closed.
    However, he said he was "absolutely certain that there was a drone flying throughout the period that the airport was closed".

Looks like the original perp has gotten clean away amid confusion of public spotting police drones in the area.

Tinfoil hat theory: Saboteurs not happy with imminent sale of airport.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Size isn't important - it's what you do with it.
    Size is also relative, not only to others, but also to where/how it’s used.
    A cocktail sausage fits nicely in a bit of puff pastry, but wouldn’t be noticed in the channel tunnel

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    WTFH's brain is very big, Cojak's brain is very big, NAT's brain is very big, Admin's brain is very big.
    Size isn't important - it's what you do with it.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    WTFH's brain is very big, Cojak's brain is very big, NAT's brain is very big, Admin's brain is very big.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
    Its a question of size. The smallest thing I can think of is WTFH's brain Do you think radar could detect that?

*winks Morse code at keyboard*

Leave a comment:

• GreenMirror
    replied
    Radar is not deigned to detect flying things in the sky.

That is me told.
    Its a question of size. The smallest thing I can think of is WTFH's brain Do you think radar could detect that?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Acme Thunderer View Post
    A primary surveillance radar is highly unlikely to detect a drone. It just isn't designed to do that. It would only sweep past the drone every 4 seconds or so plus the size of the return would be minuscule

The secondary surveillance radar, which ATC do their work from, certainly wouldn't see it as the drone won't have a transponder
    Radar is not deigned to detect flying things in the sky.

That is me told.

Leave a comment:

• Acme Thunderer
    replied
    A 12 year old after a Christmas lecture could tell you how to evade these "drone systems".

And I refuse to believe that the radar in an airport could not detect a drone. Maybe the operator software would not have displayed it but...
    A primary surveillance radar is highly unlikely to detect a drone. It just isn't designed to do that. It would only sweep past the drone every 4 seconds or so plus the size of the return would be minuscule

The secondary surveillance radar, which ATC do their work from, certainly wouldn't see it as the drone won't have a transponder

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    A 12 year old after a Christmas lecture could tell you how to evade these "drone systems".

And I refuse to believe that the radar in an airport could not detect a drone. Maybe the operator software would not have displayed it but...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X