• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is Santa IR35 exempt?"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi
    I just used the random button on the 'snopes' site and got this:http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/microsoft.asp

Thats ruined my day...
    Thanks for the link. The picture has been floating around the net for quite a few years. That's the first time I've seem a description of who was who.

Interesting bit about Billy throwing a tantrum
    Last edited by Sysman; 22 December 2006, 06:04.

Leave a comment:

• zathras
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny
    He has to conform to a dress code, works on the client premises (grotto) and is directed in the hours he has to work, e.g. only working during December and climbing down chimneys on Christmas Eve. However, the duration of the contract is short and he has no notice period.

The premises (grotto) are his own. He can work when ever he wants but must deliver by a certain date. The uniform is part of the job and therefore no reflection on status. He can employ as many people as he needs to deliver the project.

No do not think Santa is caught.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "Sorry to disappoint you Denny but I think you'll find that Santa doesn't exist and the customers do pay for the goods."

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo!

What about the easter bunny? Is that real. I'm suprised that kids go for that one. A guy delivering presents is one thing but a chocolate egg delivering rabbit is something else. And why does the tooth fairy want kids teeth anyway. Surely there is a huge mountain of old teeth somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman
    I just used the random button on the 'snopes' site and got this:http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/microsoft.asp

Thats ruined my day...

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    He uses the same one as Threaded I think.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I would make a good Santa because I have a large sack and only come once a year

Leave a comment:

• Weltchy
    replied
    Baring in mind the number of countries that Santa essentially works in, his tax situation must be a nightmare and his accountant a damn genius.

All I want to know is...

Who's his accountant and does he charge much?

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Flubster
    Actually the reason he wears read is down to Coca Cola so it's not strictly his dress code...
    Not true.

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/santa.asp

more myths explored at http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-q...&sp-m=1&sp-s=0

Leave a comment:

• Swamp Thing
    replied
    IR35 doesn't apply to Santa as he's been outsourced to India.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by maverick
    Sorry to disappoint you Denny but I think you'll find that Santa doesn't exist and the customers do pay for the goods.

If the non-existance of Santa surprises some of you then I am sorry but you had find out sometime.
    I thought Gordo was interested in fairy tales not reality and doesn't he treat us all like children?

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny
    But they don't pay for the goods?
    Sorry to disappoint you Denny but I think you'll find that Santa doesn't exist and the customers do pay for the goods.

If the non-existance of Santa surprises some of you then I am sorry but you had find out sometime.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Santa is a Disney character, so he dresses as his client tells him.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by Flubster
    Actually the reason he wears read is down to Coca Cola so it's not strictly his dress code...
    RED.

Leave a comment:

• Flubster
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife
    To be fair the dress code is His Cos and not his clients (I don't tell him what to wear).
    HTH

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    To be fair the dress code is His Cos and not his clients (I don't tell him what to wear).

If I'm naughty he doesn't have to give me anything - MOO Also, I am not obliged to send him a list of pressies.

If I do ask him for a new bike (rough spec) he gets to choose the colour and accessories (bell, stand, spokey dokeys etc) D+C

Since I'm not actually awake when he comes (otherwise he doesn't) he could well send an elf as a substitue and I wouldn't object as long as I got my bike.

So I think he's clear.

HTH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X