• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "extracting a PDF from a word file..."

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    tell us about the contribution your thesis brought to society - Which was it, the impact single event upsets on flash based architecture causes resulting in Starbucks staff working near Sellafield to charge astronomical prices for a latte with cinnamon or was it the a new theory for for warp drive...

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    My, you do make a lot of assumptions.

Possibly due to your "Theological" background.
    Not my science background then?

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    You are wrong in intimitating that the first construct was incorrect. My, you really do need my help... do you tie your own shoelaces?
    My, you do make a lot of assumptions.

Possibly due to your "Theological" background.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    He can't open a file, how the fluff do you expect him to write a script????
    Got about 30+ PDFs as icons embedded in the a .docx document. I can open them and save them one by one but the filenames are not retained. This is a stupid problem to have in 2018. I remember it in 1998, but 20 years later... you'd think dragging and dropping them would work, but no....

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Write a f'ing script!
    He can't open a file, how the fluff do you expect him to write a script????

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Hopefully someone did it just to annoy you.
    flipen heck this thread pulled OG out of hiding.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Got about 30+ PDFs as icons embedded in the a .docx document. I can open them and save them one by one but the filenames are not retained. This is a stupid problem to have in 2018. I remember it in 1998, but 20 years later... you'd think dragging and dropping them would work, but no....
    Hopefully someone did it just to annoy you.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    So, if both constructs are equally valid, how can I be wrong?
    You are wrong in intimitating that the first construct was incorrect. My, you really do need my help... do you tie your own shoelaces?

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    A question your parents no doubt often asked.
    Who helped you construct that sentence?

I'm bloody sure you don't have the ability to string all those words together just by yourself!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    A question your parents no doubt often asked.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Needing my help again? You are wrong, both constructs are equally comprehensible and grammatically valid. In colloquial English, even "who should I send my timesheet to for signing" would be fine to all but the most anal of armchair grammaticians.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    On occasion I'll struggle to avoid sentences ending with a verb.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Whom should I send my timesheet to for signing?
    Ftfy
    To whom should I send my timesheet for signing?
    FFS, bloody foreigners!
    Needing my help again? You are wrong, both constructs are equally comprehensible and grammatically valid. In colloquial English, even "who should I send my timesheet to for signing" would be fine to all but the most anal of armchair grammaticians.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    To whom should I send my timesheet for signing?
    Ftfy

FFS, bloody foreigners!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Whom should I send my timesheet to for signing?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X